Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

L2K airport becomes QE2 airport, and consultation on the airport's future

I don’t think the airport is being sold and its links with Britain are historic. IIUC it might well have got named after Edward VIII. But there are obvious reasons why this was not to be🙂
AIUI it will be under new management and not new ownership. According to le Touquet it is a change in the mode of management.

France

It may be, not entirely sure. I was told it was sold. But the “new mode of management” often includes helpful things like “handling” (to assist pilot administration), “slots” (to increase safety) and “revised tariffs” (to keep out pesky GA)

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

I can only hope the local police don’t bugger it up like they buggered most of French airports, showing to the world that they have no interest in preserving the airport’s business.

And that the airport management doesn’t “do a Lille” and jack up the costs into the €100+ band. Nobody with a brain would do that (just look at who is parked on the tarmac, and they already have enough tarmac for almost all bizjets) but in this game you never know…

Someone posted that the airport manager was also the mayor of the town. No idea if this was ever true or made up on the spot, but it sounded plausible. Very hard to explain why LFAT was so well run, otherwise. The police may be there for Mr Macron’s house, after all…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here is the reported statement in English

“As requested by the Regional Chamber of Accounts, Le Touquet has decided to change the management method of its international airport, which is also facing major challenges for the future. The city will go through a public service delegation.”

France

public service delegation.

What is that?

Administrator

I think it’s a bit like an audit to see if the city is getting value for money from the airport.

France

Hardly suggests we’re about to see better service and/or lower fees!

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

The service is outstanding.

Lower fees than what? It is about €30 which is a great price for such a destination.

We just want this to continue.

Especially the permanent police (customs/immigration) presence which is being maintained in a way that is simply beyond explanation in the context of the general French approach to this issue. Le T is a beacon of sensibility, way above the rest of France.

Administrator

That’s exactly my point – if they’re conducting a “review” of something that is already excellent, I can’t see it going any way apart from worse (like Lille)

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Maybe there is a public comment website somewhere?

Administrator
Sign in to add your message