Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Extra cost for late landing ?

Is ATC required to be a five for 30 minutes after last departure?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@LeSving restaurants inside malls?

Such thing cannot be worth visiting, much less dining in.

Your point holds – they may well chuck you out at that time – but that’s not the civilised world.

Wherever I see restaurant hours published they are kitchen hours – first orders to last orders.

EGLM & EGTN

I totally understand where the OP is coming from with this. I would also think that the published hours are when you can expect to fly in or out of the airport, not when they lock the door or gate, especially a GA flight where you don’t need handling.

Regards, SD..

skydriller wrote:

I would also think that the published hours are when you can expect to fly in or out of the airport

It’s all in the details, or perhaps what is not written. A look at what kind of different operational hours Avinor is using:

Admin
Customs and immigration
MET Office
ATS
Fuel
Handling
Security
De-Icing
Rescue and fire fighting service

There is no mention of when the airport as such is open or closed. What matters is when those services are available. If ATS closes at 20:00, then as long as you land/take off within the second of 19:59:59 – 20:00:00, it’s within the opening hours. However, the Admin is since long gone. Customs and immigration are also gone (if they ever were there to begin with). MET office is closed and so on. Rescue and fire fighting is perhaps the only one that could still be around, but not necessarily so. Then, since ATS is remotely operated on several fields, not a single person would necessarily be at the airport. The airport could be empty of people, in principle, hours before 20:00.

To me it’s a bit odd that:

1. They charge you for some non-specific service outside operational hours (what service exactly?), but also that
  2. The OP expect some kind of non-specific service outside operational without paying for it.

Looks to me like a situation that can go either way

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

The OP expect some kind of non-specific service outside operational without paying for it.

It is not unreasonable to expect the “service” of being able to leave the airport after landing, when you have landed during published hours. It is also not unreasonable to expect that you don’t have to pay for being able to leave the airport.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

It is not unreasonable to expect the “service” of being able to leave the airport after landing, when you have landed during published hours. It is also not unreasonable to expect that you don’t have to pay for being able to leave the airport.

I agree. But it’s also not unreasonable to pay for service when this service is done outside operational hours is it?

It depends on what this is all about. If the regulations for the airport specifically say that the airport closes the doors at 20:00, then there isn’t much to argue about IMO. If the ATS closes at 20:00, that’s a different thing. If the owner of the restaurant say “The lights goes of and the door closes at 20:00” is very different than “no more orders after 20:00”

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

The OP did not and does not expect any service after landing ;-)
We had our bikes and a bag each and were happy to walk to the building (<100m), but werent allowed to.
We only wanted to bike to town and would not have needed anything – where do you read that I expected services ?

EDM_, Germany

ch.ess wrote:

where do you read that I expected services ?

I assumed so based on what you wrote. I just feel we don’t know the full story. What exactly does the airport regs say for instance? What is it that closes at 20:00 ?

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Well – since the airport does apparently intend to sit it out… it is Portoroz. Feel free to check the docs on their website.
AFAIK i have provided the whole story, because I wanted to understand the situation – not blaming anyone.

(Flying since 2014, I consider myself an advanced beginner, only)

Last Edited by ch.ess at 10 Sep 06:33
EDM_, Germany

How much was the extra charge?

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message