Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GAR Forms and Processes for Dual Nationals

Because it’s the UK exit GAR that causes me the headache

IME, the police never turn up for a UK exit. Until this year, an exit GAR was not even needed (for the EU).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

IME, the police never turn up for a UK exit. Until this year, an exit GAR was not even needed (for the EU).

Fully agreed Peter, although the root of my concern is elsewhere.

I like the idea of two submissions. I have just been invited to Seppe for a fly-in early September. They have Dutch immigration on site during AD OP Hours. So I could discuss with with them about handling the return with two ID documents.

Reading around the subject, in parallel to this discussion, I guess I could depart/enter France, as then there would be the need for the UK GAR only. It’s a sod as it’s out of my way, heading south to go north, and would add an extra fuel stop.

EDHS, Germany

I guess I could depart/enter France, as then there would be the need for the UK GAR only

Don’t you send pre-avis for French airports for arrival? you have to put your papers there?

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Aug 08:34
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

italianjon wrote:

I like the idea of two submissions. I have just been invited to Seppe for a fly-in early September. They have Dutch immigration on site during AD OP Hours. So I could discuss with with them about handling the return with two ID documents.

Reading around the subject, in parallel to this discussion, I guess I could depart/enter France, as then there would be the need for the UK GAR only. It’s a sod as it’s out of my way, heading south to go north, and would add an extra fuel stop.

EHSE was my last stop for UK flights for many years and yes, talk to Dutch border police is a good idea. They are nice and helpful. Now following the GAR/GenDec Limbo I lately switched to LFAC as standard last stop on the continent and yes, filing only UK GAR is convenient.

Germany

Now following the GAR/GenDec Limbo I lately switched to LFAC as standard last stop on the continent and yes

I really don’t see the issue, I flew a friend aircraft to Breda 6 months ago for it’s annual, I just filed forms with UK passport and handed EU passport on arrival, they did turn up and mind you they asked more question about “aircraft owner & maintenance” than “pilot papers” (remember, if you bolt a new engine during an annual for non-based aircraft you could pay taxes depending on where you or aircraft live )

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Aug 09:37
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

All, really good responses, thanks all.

As I mentioned I could be over thinking it. I just don’t want the experience thaty friend had. As mentioned though, he was flying commercial and I have flown commercial as well. The key seems to be never show the UK passport at the EU border. They aren’t Interested.

For obvious reasons, when we fly private the process is slightly different and we do not always see officials on landing/department.

I just filed forms with UK passport and handed EU passport on arrival

Brilliant! This is exactly the sort of experience looking to tap into.

EDHS, Germany

I am in a somewhat similar (not exactly the same) situation, with US passport and Dutch permanent residency. Just yesterday I flew to the UK and completed the forms via gendec.eu using my US passport. The UK Border Police called me prior to departure and asked a few questions, then there was nothing further from them. The Dutch marechaussee showed up on departure and arrival, and I showed them my gendec, US passport, and Dutch ID. They stamped my passport in and out.

EHRD, Netherlands

Ibra wrote:

I just filed forms with UK passport and handed EU passport on arrival,

That seems the simplest approach to me, especially if you use SkyDemon and it files the same information to both entities. If they complain on the Dutch side, you can then ask what they expected you to do using a single form? If they won’t accept that, then you know for the future. I can’t see you getting into any trouble, since you’re a Dutch citizen and presented proper documents (EUID) and weren’t trying to hide anything.

LSZK, Switzerland
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message