Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen approach plates vs AIP plates

Airborne_Again wrote:

Any decent IFR navigator should have the frequency in its database

I don’t remember that Garmin GNS “W” navigators (which are still decent and able to do any approach the others can, including LPV) have a frequency database? Or is it only that nobody ever bought it on the planes that I flew?

ELLX

lionel wrote:

I don’t remember that Garmin GNS “W” navigators (which are still decent and able to do any approach the others can, including LPV) have a frequency database? Or is it only that nobody ever bought it on the planes that I flew?

The GNS430 does (I just checked in the Pilot’s Guide), so I don’t see why the GNS430W would not. There is no separate frequency database – it’s part of the regular navigation database.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

It is also possible that the same ILS frequency is used for both opposing runway ends (although I don’t know if that happens in Europe)

Liverpool EGGP

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

This reminds me of a conversation with the then head of CAA charting. I asked him why doesn’t he publish terminal charts so they can be used in the cockpit. His reply was that the CAA is not in the business of competing with commercial providers!!!

Taking that beyond the UK border, I suspect that many national authorities (most in some parts of the world?) publish charts because they are required to by ICAO, and the people doing so are just going by the book. They have zero interest in the usability of the charts.

LSZK, Switzerland

lionel wrote:

If you genuinely think it is a safety issue, then head to https://e2.aviationreporting.eu/reporting and report it. At least at the Luxembourg level, we were explicitly instructed by the head of the accident investigation authority to report systemic issues that we identify before they create accidents or incidents. Especially if you have a Croatian licence, your report will go to the Croatia authority, while e.g. mine would go to the Luxembourg authority and would be one step removed (the Luxembourg authority would have to forward it to the Croatian authority).

I did it with detail explanation and I uploaded plate for ILS Y to RW22 at LDZA with clearly marked problematic DME. As I wrote previously, I reported it few times directly to responsible organization (Crocontrol) without any success. We’ll see what will happen now but I somehow doubt anyone will react.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message