Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot vs Jeppesen FD

I have been testing out JeppFD for a little while as I have started flying more IFR and much prefer electronic plates over paper. I find JeppFD of limited use for anything else than showing me the plate though, so I have been running Skydemon as well and been switching between the two.

Following the article here on Euroga I am going to give Garmin Pilot a try on an upcoming trip as I can probably make do with just having one app running and still get Jeppesen plates, which I prefer.

I noticed though that the SID at Biggin Hill is missing, Garmin only show the approach plates. It may very well be user error, so I firstly wanted to check if anyone else have had this issue? It would seem odd to me, as Jeppesen is publishing the SID, unlike the AIP version, where it is only described in text format.

EGTR

Garmin Pilot shows the JeppFD SIDs. I show two SID plates at Biggin in GP – BPK,CLN, CPT and DVR,LYD,SAM.

Last Edited by JasonC at 05 Aug 11:57
EGTK Oxford

Very simple: I would just wait it out a bit more. Every piece of such “navigation” software needs about three to four years from the tiemit really goes onto the market, before it’s data etc. is 99% right.

Garmin Pilot still has a bit of way to go.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Garmin Pilot still has a bit of way to go.

with regards to the data or the software?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Data. Software doesn’t take as long.

JasonC wrote:

Garmin Pilot shows the JeppFD SIDs. I show two SID plates at Biggin in GP – BPK,CLN, CPT and DVR,LYD,SAM.

Thanks Jason. I guess that boils it down to user error, which makes a little more sense, though doesn’t help me

Under procedures in GP, I have the following
- Aerodrome
- ATC surveilance min alt
- ILS DME 21
- LOC DME 21
- VOR DME 21
- RNAV1 arrival
- Transition coding table 21

….no SIDs !

EGTR

EGTK Oxford

Hmmm

I have the following

EGTR

OT. Do you guys have any backup when using electronic approach charts?

ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Yep. A second device. No more paper in the cockpit, since about 2013.

17 Posts
Sign in to add your message