Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Navblue enroute chart MORA

Does the UK CAA produce an IFR en route chart?

No; only the 250k and 500k VFR charts AFAIK.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I seem to remember from my IR theory (and maybe I remember wrong) but aren’t there 2 types of MORA, grid MORA and off route MORA?
If I am remembering correctly, could this have something to do with it?

France

Yes there is grid (30nm) & route (10nm), the distinction could make sense if you are doing 5nm cruise legs in your PLOG but probably an overkill if you are flying +60nm leg, the route corridor will cut 6 boxes in grids (3×3), then you have to reconcile with min safe altitude on your current position…

Long story short, you could descend lower than min grid altitude (Grid MORA = Grid MSA = MFF+MOC) toward your route min safe altitude (MESA or route MSA = MOC+/-5nm along your route) if you insert more waypoints and make accurate zig-zag navigation, you can also descend lower than your route altitude if you can orbit down to your position min safe altitude (MSA = position MSA = MOC+/-5nm on current position)

The MOC is 1000ft or 2000ft in mountain area (3kft or 5kft?)

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 May 07:53
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

172driver wrote:

Is this a one-off, IOW does this present only in the sector you are referencing or is this a general issue?

I’ve had a look around and it’s no one-off. The next sector south is 700 feet lower than jepp, west 400 feet less and then moving to Sweden and looking in the sectors around ESGG Navblue are between 3-900 feet lower.

Sweden
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message