Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Probably New Tax or at least an Increase

I don't think this has been posted anywhere but it passed by my desk last week from the BBGA.

With the transfer of security responsibilities from the DfT to the CAA, the CAA are proposing to charge industry using an one of the following mechanisms. The following link takes you to the document in question and you have until mid-September to make a submission.

Quite how it will affect GA is probably in the detail as they are not specifically mentioned, I'm not yet sure but suspect it will impact at some point with extra charges. Don't forget the CAA have to make 6% ROCE (Return on Capital Expenditure/Employed?) with their charges levied on industry.

Apologies for spelling "Probable" wrong

Martin

EGHH, Near EGVO

The URL didn't work - try this one:

Andreas IOM

At least they are proposing to distribute the cost - somewhere around 7-8 million - only to 50% to airports, the rest are airlines/cargo/etc.

And for those airport charges, they propose passenger numbers for distribution of cost. If that is per passenger requiring security check, it should not affect GA much.

If it is passengers overall, using the passenger statistics of the CAA, I end up with a fee for Shoream of 12 pounds per year. In fact, the total cost is to the tune of 4p per passenger, 2p of which to be paid by the airports.

So from a GA representation point of view, it is probably worth supporting the proposal, perhaps with a passenger threshold below which no fee is paid to avoid bureaucracy.

Biggin Hill
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message