Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German Squawk Listening Area vs TMZ ?

Old chestnut. Yes, it‘s a bit messy,

Skydemon product is in fact not the whole AIP VFR. not really Skydemon‘s fault. What DFS gives to Skydemon is all they give them. It lacks the general text part of the AIP VFR.

The AIP VFR can be purchased from Eisenschmidt shop, which is property of DFS. But they have shuffled things around lately. AIP VFR is not available in paper anymore, amd the electronic product is a big hard to find: https://www.eisenschmidt.aero/detail/index/sArticle/5622

I agree they should put the freqs and squawks also into ENR 2.2 of the AIP IFR. But they don‘t do that.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 09 Apr 11:26
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Michal wrote:

well, that´s exactly the question – where in AIP? German AIP is available free online – excluding VFR “approach plates” as we all know. Is there any other portion of German AIP not available?

As I wrote, it is in the German VFR AIP. That is a separate publication, not just VFR plates.

BTW, I haven´t found anywhere on DFS page how to pay for VFR plates. Is there any direct way with DFS or the only way is via Skydemo/EasyVFR or other third parties?

You can buy DFS publications from Eisenschmidt.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

As I wrote, it is in the German VFR AIP. That is a separate publication, not just VFR plates.

Is it really a separate book? I was always under the impression that it is one book and two versions of it are published separately: The full version and the freely available version which has the VFR chapters removed. In fact, the PDFs that I have in Skydemon are only titled Luftfahrthandbuch Deutschland/AIP Germany with neither VFR or IFR in its name. On the other hand it doesn’t have ENR 1.18-20 which is mentioned in the document I posted yesterday.

EDQH, Germany

Clipperstorch wrote:

Is it really a separate book? I was always under the impression that it is one book and two versions of it are published separately: The full version and the freely available version which has the VFR chapters removed.

In that case not only are some chapters removed, but the table of contents is replaced as well. It was some time since I used the actual German VFR AIP, but as I recall it was in A5 format, while the standard AIP in in A4 format.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@boscomantico – thanks, I was hoping you step it, you are the person to go to in similar cases. ;-)
can anyone verify what´s actually in the VFR AIP? I just purchased Skydemon “VFR AIP” so not willing to waste more money here.

Last Edited by Michal at 10 Apr 06:28
LKKU, LKTB

Well, pretty much like any AIP, the German AIP VFR has the sections GEN, ENR, SUP and AD.

The part you are looking for is in ENR. Clipperstorch already posted the pages where they list the squawks and frequencies.

the actual question was if purchased “VFR AIP” is different from “IFR AIP” available online. Because the IFR AIP doesn´t have the information I am looking inside.

LKKU, LKTB

Yes.

LKKU, LKTB

boscomantico wrote:

they should put the freqs and squawks also into ENR 2.2 of the AIP IFR.

It’s not relevant for IFR flying therefore it is logically consistent to not include it in the IFA AIP.

The true problem is that there is no easy way to access the VRF AIP …

Germany
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message