Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CTOT nonsense

Do any of you use the CTOT app and does it also work with the ID of the GA aircraft? The area causing the slot restriction is graphically displayed in the app and a few other things. There are many apps, but a lot doesn’t always help a lot. Here’s a screenshot

EDWF, Germany

Interesting. I fly out of a busy airport that has strict TSAT times, but no way for GA traffic to really see any change to your TSAT time. So we have to take a guess based on EOBT and/or any CTOT message coming in.

This app looks like it has all the info, curious whether it will accept an aircraft registration as input or only a flight number?

Netherlands

Tigerflyer wrote:

Do any of you use the CTOT app and does it also work with the ID of the GA aircraft?

Thomas28 wrote:

curious whether it will accept an aircraft registration as input or only a flight number?

I use it. It finds aircraft by registration or flight number. Shows flight plan details and restrictions of any flight. I was told that registration is limited to e-mail addresses in airline domains. My airline address passed.

LPFR, Poland

Thanks, installed it and tested with a registration. It indeed shows flight-school planes and associated times just fine.

Netherlands

Sounds good!

EDWF, Germany

The CFMU Public Portal can show you which airspace and sectors are screwed.

The tactical update gives a run down via text for Airports and Airspace under “Network Headline News”

You can also view the “Static Map”

Which will loop or give you a forecast of what sectors are affected and what delays they are facing.

Today’s example is a complete mess because of CB’s mainly over Germany.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

These are CTOT messages I got yesterday for my flight from EKRK to LDVA with EOBT 10:00Z.

They started to arrive at 08:01Z and the last one was at 09:37Z, moving my CTOT back and forth from 10:13Z to 10:37Z, until final one set it to 10:13Z.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

My personal experience is that it’s best to ignore CTOT messages, be in the plane at the planned time and ask tower to send a ready message. Most of the time you’ll be taxiing in a few minutes.

LPFR, Poland

You are quite right – I got exactly that last Friday. But probably depends on the reason. The most common by far here seems to be a CTOT due to French ATC industrial action; the last one was just 10 mins and upon the ready message it shrunk to filed EOBT minus 5 mins! I didn’t know one could get that.

Once I got a 3hr CTOT at LGKC due to a Greek ATC strike; the Greeks do this properly

If you are based at a non towered airfield you can just depart and ignore the CTOTs; their intention is purely to cause pain by grounding you and once you are flying, nobody cares about them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It really depends. In my experience, sitting in the aircraft and sending a ready message does not always help. You just wait until your slot time minus 15 minutes, start up, taxy and take off at CTOT minus 5.

What I see often in Germany these days is that even when there is no apparent reason, they still give you a CTOT, which is often at EOBT + 5 minutes. And it often does not get cancelled. So, you can depart between EOBT and EOBT plus 15 minutes. Which is more or less what I always try to do anyway. But it just boxes you into that 15 minute window, which still creates a lot of undue stress in the cockpit, with all the variables of taxy time, pre-takeoff checklists, traffic, etc.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Nov 10:36
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message