Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Rimini in Italy

Thanks guys for all input!

It seems good to bring oxygen for this trip. Salzburg was a good breakpoint.

Achimna: Thanks for the route. It was better that the autogenerated one i tried in FlightPlan Pro which i havent had any use of until now.

boscomantico: Nice to know when to avoid Rimini :)

what next: LIPK seems to be a resonable option. Easy to get from the Forli airport to Rimini?

Jan Olieslagers: Google translate worked for me... hmm maybe Forli/LIPK is a better option then?

Where can i find info about these airports? General GA info and landing fees etc (Only in Rocket Route AIP info)?

There are many waypoints to put in the GPS for such trip. How do you usually do? Fill in along the way in case of redirect from ATC?

Regards

Jonas

ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Where can i find info about these airports? General GA info and landing fees etc (Only in Rocket Route AIP info)?

Opinions on this vary, especially according to whether you speak Italian, but if you do then phone them. If you don't speak the airport language, which is usually true for me then email+fax them. I have a few notes here based on what has worked for me in the past. But I am a bit lazy; when planning a significant trip I shoot off emails and faxes in every direction and see what comes back over the next few days.

There are many waypoints to put in the GPS for such trip. How do you usually do? Fill in along the way in case of redirect from ATC?

My GPS can take 20 waypoints. If the route is less I load the whole lot. If it is more I load the first 10 or so (especially all of any high workload part of the departure route) and the destination airport, which gives me a readout of the distance to run, for fuel etc purposes. Then I put in the others during the flight, having deleted the earlier ones.

This problem is not going to go away. It's going to get worse. What is needed is either a GPS which can take a load of waypoints (say 100), and offers electronic flight plan loading.

One rarely flies the filed route exactly, but one usually flies more or less the filed route, and ATC are going to issue shortcuts to waypoints on the filed route so it saves time to actually have the filed route loaded.

Also for the ICAO Lost Comms scenario you should have the filed route programmed because you will revert to it in the case of a lost radio contact.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter, very valuable information on your page :)

ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Since you are flying a G1000 equipped aircraft, you can enter the airways (entry and exit point), then it populates the intersections.

On my own plog I also write down all the intersections, it helps when ATC gives you a direct and the radio is barely readable or when they speak ultra-fast, you can find out which waypoint ATC most likely means. Skydemon also gives them to you in a PLOG if you enter the airways in the enroute part. No need to look at the map and write them down manually :)

Thanks Martin, i was not aware of that G1000 feature :)

ESOW Västerås, Sweden
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message