Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European Flight plan error - help required with VFR route planning Germany / Austria

Magyarflyer flying VFR from Linz to Budaors is not complicated. Just stay out of Vienna TMA..fly below it. The airspace is designed that leaves you just enough between the terrain west of Vienna TMA then you would need to fly around the CTR of Vienna relatively low south. You need a close lookout as a lot of VFR traffic around that area. I would suggest you buy the paper or electronic charts version from DFS. Skydemon is not bad neither for that area. The most important is that you excatly now how much terrain clearance you have when flying under the Vienna TMA.

Last Edited by Vref at 05 Aug 20:57
EBST

I wonder why none of the countless pilots on EuroGA from this part of Europe has posted to help…

When I used to fly long VFR trips I planned a route which misses the controlled airspace, and then when flying I would ask for transits to shorten the doglegs. Most airspace can be worked out; exceptions are parts of Belgium and southern France, but there you can get transits from ATC fairly easily.

RR will not help you with VFR planning.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

these are the charts I get from ff rr and garmin, jess only has IFR the route between Vienna and the border looks like a nightmare to cross

KHQZ, United States

If you have a paid for RR subscription, why not contact their support team who will provide you the necessary assistance?

ForeFlight has all the VFR charts for Europe with all airspace boundaries and frequencies
I also have rocketroute charts, I also have garmin and jepp accounts ifr charts are in my world wide jepp account
Amazing how limited the airspace is
Learning again about C D E classifications there
Here in USA we kick the tires look at the screen in the jepp charts and stay out of the boundaries of the class B and if you have an antique like my bucker with no electrical wander around with no need to talk or call anyone
In dallas I go weekly for lunch from KHQZ to T67, KDFW is the big airport in between I skirt south in the vfr corridor and go there weekly in my rv-8 without hassles,never talk to anyone , so different in Europe.

KHQZ, United States

Timothy wrote:

If I file V in autorouter, it just says something like “not subject to validation” and files it.

How do you assure addressing and confirmation the ARO has the flight plan?
I always call the related ARO before the flight to assure its in………

EBST

Do you have VFR charts for Europe, @magyarflyer?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

rozembok is LZJS or LZRU

thanks to peter and aeroplus will set account on eurofpl

KHQZ, United States

Assuming you are on iOS due to your FF question, you can download the AeroPlus Flightplan app in the AppStore for free. VFR flight plan filing is for free and the addressing is done automatically. As stated above, VFR flight plans are not distributed via Eurocontrol or validated, but it should sort out your problem with the flight plan. I believe that autorouter also supports VFR flight plan filing, so you can use that option as well.

EDLE, Netherlands

I guess it would be Krakow from lowl

KHQZ, United States
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message