Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

European Flight plan error - help required with VFR route planning Germany / Austria

I wonder why none of the countless pilots on EuroGA from this part of Europe has posted to help…

When I used to fly long VFR trips I planned a route which misses the controlled airspace, and then when flying I would ask for transits to shorten the doglegs. Most airspace can be worked out; exceptions are parts of Belgium and southern France, but there you can get transits from ATC fairly easily.

RR will not help you with VFR planning.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Magyarflyer flying VFR from Linz to Budaors is not complicated. Just stay out of Vienna TMA..fly below it. The airspace is designed that leaves you just enough between the terrain west of Vienna TMA then you would need to fly around the CTR of Vienna relatively low south. You need a close lookout as a lot of VFR traffic around that area. I would suggest you buy the paper or electronic charts version from DFS. Skydemon is not bad neither for that area. The most important is that you excatly now how much terrain clearance you have when flying under the Vienna TMA.

Last Edited by Vref at 05 Aug 20:57
EBST
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message