Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Day trip to Llanbedr EGFD

I went to Llanbedr in the summer to visit a friend, and agree it is a nice destination and uncomplicated airfield (database report)

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Looks like a perfect alternative to Bembridge for my dog walks!
On that note, since I’m currently sans licence or aircraft, any dog lovers here willing to take me and my pooches from Denham, Booker, or White Waltham for a jaunt? Obvs Ts & Cs apply.

Last Edited by Stickandrudderman at 19 Apr 10:38
Forever learning
EGTB

Clipperstorch wrote:

The G5 fits almost perfectly into that panel. I wouldn’t have thought that it can be fitted so nicely into these vintage plastic covers.

I think the trim is actually metal – if you look closely you can see how they’ve cut it. The sizing is indeed fairly fortunate.

EGLM & EGTN

aart wrote:

Are you one of the lucky ones here having a partner that actually likes flying?

Indeed she enjoys it – mostly when there is somewhere nice to go. She prefers a day out in the TB to a bimble in the PA17.

EGLM & EGTN

Thanks Graham. Llanbedr looks amazing in the photos so definitely a new bucket list airfield.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

The G5 fits almost perfectly into that panel. I wouldn’t have thought that it can be fitted so nicely into these vintage plastic covers.

EDQH, Germany

Graham wrote:

In fact I emailed on a Friday evening about 1930 and the guy emailed back within 5 mins to say “yeah fine, whatever.”

That is what I thought. We have many such airfields here who either do their PPR over the website (some actually only require you check the Website for opening or not) or you get a reply in short notice. Seeing that they appear to use the airfield for non-aviation purposes, that also makes perfect sense as long, as it appears, they answer quickly.

Looks like an absolutely wonderful airfield. If I was living in that area, I’d be very happy to base on something like that.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It can’t be that cold – while rewiring a boat mast yesterday, we were watching a group of teenagers diving in off the breakwater in Port Erin, and none of them got hypothermia!

Andreas IOM

Very nice, thanks for posting. Surfing would indeed be a quite a challenge, unless the TB10 has excellent heating. But at least your partner shows some resilience by putting her feet in what must have been cryogenic temps. Are you one of the lucky ones here having a partner that actually likes flying?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

@Graham nice photos and nice set up in -OFIT

Too bracing for some surfing ? :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message