Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

David Clark DC PRO-X

I’ve been using them in DA42 for some time but they can’t be compared to A20.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter_Mundy wrote:

No – on ear headsets never work quite as well as circum aural – in piston engine a/c

I use the V1 of this. It is great in a jet but wouldn’t consider in a piston.

EGTK Oxford

No – on ear headsets never work quite as well as circum aural – in piston engine a/c

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 11 Apr 12:53
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Bose are now doing a DC PRO X2 which they squarely aim at piston aircraft usage.

It lists at $745 in the US.

Could it be anywhere near as good as the A20? That one is $1000.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter. Great resource here.

Using it in a Turbo Arrow 3 mostly. You have to make sure it’s correctly positioned or it’s not so effective. Having used DC head clampers in the past for GA and turbo prop flying (BAe ATP), and a Sennheiser HMEC 25 on ear headset for when I progressed to flying jets. I know that I prefer the on ear design for comfort. I wouldn’t, and didn’t, use the Sennheisers for GA flying, they were too light and flimsy, but thought I’d try the Pro X and I like them. They’re very solid.

For passengers I have a DC ONE X and my old head clampers because I don’t want them to have to fiddle with the headset to get the noise reduction. I’ll probably replace the H10-40s with cheaper compatible ANC headsets in time.

Last Edited by GilesM at 06 Jan 04:14
EGCV, United Kingdom

Welcome to EuroGA, Giles

What aircraft are you testing it in?

Administrator

Resurrecting this old thread. I’ve been using a PRO-X for a 2 or 3 years now and am entirely satisfied. I find them very light and comfortable to wear. It makes a significant difference making sure they’re seated correctly on the ear. There is a very noticeable difference when I switch on the ANR and subjectively they seem to attenuate more noise than my old DC H10-40s and are certainly more comfortable. I also have a ONE-X for passengers which I’ll try at some point for a comparison.

EGCV, United Kingdom

Based on a test at EDNY, it’s very comfortable but useless for a normal piston aircraft.

Administrator

Reading feedback in various forums there seem to be two opinions. Either folks like it, or hate it, nothing in between, although it appears more likers it than haters (in the context of noisy pistons). DC offers a 30 day return guarantee, so worthwhile trying it out.

United States

I checked out this new D-C headset at AERO 2014. They are now advertising it for both piston and jet aircraft.

The D-C man said it is as good as the A20, so I tested it in a “noise” booth down the road. It’s crap. It is far worse than the A20 (tested side by side) and probably a lot worse than the old X. It is probably as good as a typical €200 headset.

Very comfortable though and very good at attenuating voices in a noisy room. Would be good for a night club DJ, or if your wife shouts at you

But not for a piston aircraft…

Administrator
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message