Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Croatia getting it all wrong with their EU join

I meant alternate in terms of offloading Belgrade due to busy schedule. Road distance between Osijek and Belgrade is less than 200 km...

200km? Not even Ryanair would dare to call Osijek "Belgrad West" ;-)

EDDS - Stuttgart

200km? Not even Ryanair would dare to call Osijek "Belgrad West" ;-)

Don't give MoL ideas........

Here's a follow-up:

As far as Vrsar goes, a somewhat acceptable solution has been found:

B0339/13 NOTAMN  Q) LDZO/QFAAH/IV/NBO/A /000/999/4509N01338E005  A) LDPV 1310270000 C) 1403292359  E) AD VRSAR AVBL AS FLW:  -FOR DOMESTIC TFC: DAILY 0700-SS  -FOR TFC TO/FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES WITHIN  THE SCHENGEN AREA: DAILY 0800-SS ONLY UPON 24HR PPR  VIA FAX +385 52 441 354, E-MAIL AIRPORTVRSAR/AT/GMAIL.COM  OR PHONE +385 52 441 144.  -FOR AEROKLUB VRSAR,POLICE, MILITARY AND AGROKOR IN  DOMESTIC TFC: SR-SS.

So, in other words: it is now possible again to fly to Vrsar from Italy, Austria, Germany, Slovenia and the likes. The bad news is that this requires 24 hours prior notice. That is way too much. It means that spontaneous flights planned the same day are impossible. Even if you take the decision the evening before, that is too late. Very impratical. That's why I am so opposed to any "24h PPR" restrictions.

We have to wait an see...and hope that in pratice this will not be applied in this strict manner.

On the other hand, if this NOTAM were in future extended to the very small aerodromes (Unije, Medulin, Hvar, etc.) that would be a great step into the right direction. But I am afraid that we will just have to wait it out for another two years or so.

Remind me, when was the UK due to join Schengen?...;-)

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It would help to format that notam using the < pre > and < /pre >

Tips

I am sure sense will prevail, once they realise the loss of high net worth tourism.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Unije and Hvar have been the coolest ones my Warrior saw :-) Unfortunately both not possible with the Cirrus. I am even a member of the Hvar Flying club (with membership card!) but i might be the only member except the guy who gave me the membership 12 years ago :-)

Don't say it can't be done. Last year, I was at Calatabiano (Sicily), a counted 500 meters of gravel. And that was with three big guys on board (albeit with little fuel). Just be gentle. I wouldnt hesitate to take the Cirrus to Unije and Medulin (have been there in Cessnas before). Hvar I'm not sure, I've heard it's rather worse than Unije.

But, to return to the topic, I wouldn't do it again if I had to make two additional stops for customs.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Dear Alex,

Medulin is cool, phantasmic atmosphere, really feels like middle of mexico there. Great family that runs that place. No problem with the runway, I was there with my Beech and it was long enough. Regards Detlev

EDHE

Medulin is cool, phantasmic atmosphere, really feels like middle of mexico there.

My immediate reaction to the Croatian coast was that it reminded me of Baja California. Even more so further south than Istria.

Croatia is due to join Schengen in the next year or two anyway so this will help with such issues.

bosco, sure the lenght is okay, but it's really a bad gravel strip with a lot of holes. But you are right, Unije should be possible, for YOU anyway ... for me if I practice a little more.(I want the plane to survive at least ONE year :-))

It can be done, but I wouldn't. But (thanks Detlev!) I'd love to fly to Medulin, have not been there

Sign in to add your message