Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Credit Cards in the USA

Aveling wrote:

I once went from Bishop, CA to Saint George, Utah, and asked ATC for a direct VFR routing. That would be slap bang through the reputed area 51, or R-4806 and R-4808 to be precise. I thought I heard a positive response and read back “cleared direct track”.

“No, no, negative” came the agitated response. “You have to go around it”. So I did, and it’s a long way round.

ATC doesn’t provide routes to VFR aircraft, although they can let you know if a restricted area is hot or not.

KUZA, United States

JasonC wrote:

Showing your age!

Yes, I’m quite young ;)

I once went from Bishop, CA to Saint George, Utah, and asked ATC for a direct VFR routing. That would be slap bang through the reputed area 51, or R-4806 and R-4808 to be precise. I thought I heard a positive response and read back “cleared direct track”.

“No, no, negative” came the agitated response. “You have to go around it”. So I did, and it’s a long way round.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

There was something funny in one of the flying magazines a few years ago when Groom Lake was given an ICAO designator (KXTA for extra terrestrial activity?) but looking at Skyvector it doesn’t seem to be exist.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I finally sussed the 20500 (The White House) and 90210 (Beverly Hills). I looked for the Area 51 (Groom Lake) postcode but could not find it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Wonder what would happen if you used 20500

Don’t know, but email me your credit card number and I will try it out.

KUZA, United States

Wonder what would happen if you used 20500

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

stevelup wrote:

I always use 90210 ;)

Showing your age!

EGTK Oxford

I always use 90210 ;)

Aveling wrote:

Oh yes”, she said, “just type in the Zip code where your at! The Zip code isn’t checked on foreign cards!”.

That is correct.

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message