Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EMB-135BJ RA-02795 Legacy 600 crash in Russia

Although this is probably more related to deleted thread on war in Ukraine, it’s worth of following due to possible violation of all international regulations regarding civil aviation.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/344845

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Some telegram channels first reported that it was shot down by a missile. No mayday reported, but a photo of the plane falling without tail and 1 wing.

Some close image of the wreckage also shows traces of anti-aircraft shrapnels (I’m just transmitting, i’m by no mean a military expert).
Anyway it’s all but surprising. What is surprising is that this guys was repeatedly seen flying over Russia and Belarus, such an easy target…

Last Edited by greg_mp at 24 Aug 06:30
LFMD, France

Well, Prigozin flying openly around Russia is a bit like me going to my ex wife for dinner and mushrooms are being served. What on earth was he smoking?

The Russian invasion thread is not deleted now. It has been cleaned up and locked because it got hijacked and trashed by pro Russian posters, and with EuroGA policy of not being a platform for pro Russia propaganda, modding became impossible due to the surprising number of people in the West who are pro Russia.

It was shot down by a missile

There is talk that Brazilian investigators should also be involved

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It was shot down by a missile

It could be – these missiles usually explode in vicinity of the aircraft triggered by proximity fuse causing shower of shrapnels besides blast damage. Aircraft parts (apparently tail section) were found dislocated from the main wreckage which means inflight break.

Last Edited by Emir at 24 Aug 06:41
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Calling it a “crash” is a bit of a misnomer. An aircraft that has been blown up doesn’t crash, it just falls out of the sky in pieces.

One of the reports suggests that this was shot down with a contact explosion type of missile.

Last Edited by chflyer at 24 Aug 12:25
LSZK, Switzerland

In one of the videos circulating online, the first few frames seem to show the smoke from an exploding rocket.

The wing and landing gear of Evgeny Prigozhin’s business jet have been found
They were lying 3 kilometers from the place of fall. They were taken from the Ladyzhenka River, near the Kuzhenkino railway station. A few hundred meters from the place where the tail of the plane was found.
This confirms the version that the plane fell apart in flight.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

This confirms the version that the plane fell apart in flight.

There are two theories circling around: the first one is antiaircraft missile and the second one is bomb on board. I guess the investigation will go in direction of the second one because it’s more suitable to the official narrative “Government doesn’t have anything with this, Wagner had many enemies…”

Last Edited by Emir at 25 Aug 11:05
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Well, Prigozin flying openly around Russia is a bit like me going to my ex wife for dinner and mushrooms are being served. What on earth was he smoking?

He was probably of the opinion that Putin wouldn’t do something so obvious as shooting his plane down, and felt he had some “plot armour” (if Putin kills him he becomes a martyr) so all he had to do is avoid all upstairs windows. However, with the reported passenger list for that plane, it does seem like it became too juicy of a target to get rid of several problems at once.

Last Edited by alioth at 25 Aug 14:03
Andreas IOM

Hmmm… may have to reopen the Ukraine thread and simply delete any pro-Russia posts (and posters) who turn up

Administrator
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message