Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corrosion X or ACF-50?

When you spray 1L of ACF50 every year, do you make your plane 1kg heavier every time ?

LFOU, France

The front cylinder fins always get rust on them. SO ACF50 can be sprayed on the cylinder fins exposed in the front?

Yes; certainly. It doesn’t do a lot because the airflow pretty well removes it, but it does get into the surface somehow because the engine does look a lot better. This shows my engine in 2017, after around 1000hrs airborne time.

When you spray 1L of ACF50 every year, do you make your plane 1kg heavier every time ?

I think much of the mass of the fluid evaporates, but certainly some gets left behind. I am not seeing a gradual build-up of “scum” though.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What about ARDROX AV8 (used to be called Dinitrol)? I heard it was the bee’s knees as far as corrosion proofing airframes went.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

No; just external. You spray it on the engine, avoiding the exhaust pipes, the alternator, and any rubber belt(s).

Hello
Why should one avoid exhaust pipes?
Thank you

LFPE

This is hands down the best inhibitor according to many years of tests and experience. Can it be used for airplanes as well?

https://www.scparts.co.uk/sc_en/warehouse/workshop-fluids-and-consumables/conservation-and-rust-prevention/mike-sanders/anticorrosion-grease-653797.html

https://www.mike-sander.de/index.php/de/

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Can it be used for airplanes as well?

Bump

always learning
LO__, Austria

I don’t think anybody will know. Who wants to test it on their own plane?

Administrator

Hi,

We are the manufacturer of XCP Rust Blocker, and we can confirm a few things asked above:

1. It is extremely effective on aviation grade alloy (unclad 2024-T3)
2. It does not have any adverse effects on paints, rubbers and plastics.
3. It is a non-conductive liquid, and safe to use on electrical connections
4. In its non-aerosol, bulk packaging, it is non-flammable (flash point > 100 degrees C) and VOC free, according to EU regulations.

It has also already been approved by Leonardo Aerospace (formerly Agusta Westland). If you are interested, we can supply further information. Please just let us know.

Hope that helps!

Scott

United Kingdom

How does it compare with ACF-50 on aluminium?

Administrator

I have a new garden door installed in summer made of aluminium. I XCP_Professional wrote:

we can supply further information.

is it safe to use it on high temperature applications such as cylinder heads?

Switzerland
Sign in to add your message