Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

gallois wrote:

IMO this demonstrates the benefits of vaccines and in particular the booster.
So why aren’t the 5 million unvaccinated getting the vaccine?
This is why President Macron and many others to be fair, are pissed off with them.

Absolutely.

I see one problem at the moment with communications and that is that most papers claim now that the vaccinations are “not effective” against Omikron, which is why measures are back even for 3ple vaccinated folks. So some otherwise pretty level headed people now ask themselves, why did we do it if we are all gonna get it anyhow. And anti vaxxers gloat and tell vaccinated folks that it was all for nothing.

The fact obviously is quite different: There is practically no change at all in how the vaccines prevent severe illness or hospitalisation. However, prevention of infection is less, even though the booster corrects this to an extent.

It is high time that communications in this matter are being fact checked and those who are spreading fake news are taken to the cleaners.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

gallois wrote:

Maybe they want to safeguard their PURE BLOOD?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

gallois wrote:

Maybe because it’s their body and their choice?

LCPH, Cyprus

Valentin wrote:

This thread has become a Covidian Cult, with notable High Priests. Quite fascinating. Discuss…

And especially for @Airborne_Again

Yes we are the Pure Bloods…Risen again..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

This is getting ridiculous.

However, it is true that, in practical terms, the ~10% (in the UK) unvacced, are holding the economy to ransom, because the rest are having to put up with more ridiculous restrictions than would be needed otherwise.

Especially as a lot of NHS staff are unvacced – they are bang on in the right demographic (often low education so susceptible to crazy theories, and often in poor health) and there is concern about lots taking time off sick, or just testing positive. So, you really don’t want to go anywhere near a hospital, and I suspect this is true in most countries.

Only just now the govt here has abandoned the pre return home test, which was absolutely awful if you had a family (poor chance of all kids testing negative) for those who didn’t know how to game the system. The arrival quarantine (until Day 2 is negative) is also ending.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wouldn’t call it ‘in practical terms’, myself. The UK restrictions on normal behavior appear to be like those elsewhere (although perhaps less so): political, coercive, with no practical health impact no matter what rule making action is or isn’t taken.

It has indeed become silly, mainly on the regulatory side. In the US, I hope like many others that the Supreme Court’s forthcoming ruling on vaccine mandates will push us away from unethical totalitarian rule through the executive bureaucracy.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 08 Jan 20:41

Valentin wrote:

Maybe because it’s their body and their choice?

Sure it is. But if you literally mean that’s the reason why they’re not getting vaccinated (as opposed to not bothering, being scared of vaccines etc.), then it’s just childish posturing.

Peter wrote:

the ~10% (in the UK) unvacced, are holding the economy to ransom,

I am not sure I agree with this statement. Plenty of double vaxxed, triple vaxxed are testing positive and not going to work. Plenty of both sectors (vaxxed/unvaxxed) are just not going to work. Here in Scotland the workforce has obliterated the island ferry services, the train services, the bus services and the hospitals. The pubs are economically ruined, so it is not a staff problem for them.

Meanwhile, the parks, dog walking areas, and the supermarkets are jammed. Every day. Plenty of dogs being walked….

Sic, we, have created a society, with ample excuse to lie in bed, it was bad pre Covid for UK workers, but now, two years of being paid to lie in bed, and with a perfect excuse (I tested positive) to continue to lie there. Guess what???

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 08 Jan 22:28
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

I said the “practical” outcome. I don’t think the policy is right – not currently, except that the booster does provide a lot of protection from even illness due to omicron, and that has an impact on how many people stay home “sick”.

Sure there is a vast amount of skiving, and everybody looking for a job where they get paid for not working (called “working from home”) is doing very well – look at the CAA right here It’s gonna take years to sort this out and to get people to actually work again. And a huge amount of fraud (~50% of the UK govt 50k loans are not expected to be repaid); it will be the same in every country rich enough to have been able to throw so much money all over the place.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

everybody looking for a job where they get paid for not working (called “working from home”) is doing very well – look at the CAA right here It’s gonna take years to sort this out and to get people to actually work again.

Well, I don’t know how things work in the UK, but in Sweden what is called “working from home” has turned out so well that many companies plan to make it semi-permanent.

Sign in to add your message