Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Charity flight (potentially in an N-reg) - UK

bq7 The Annexes do NOT provide for the carriage of passengers on charity flights in:
a. Powered aircraft which do not hold a valid Certificate of Airworthiness (a Permit to Fly is not acceptable);. Quote

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Well…. I finally got the permissions to do this, with an expiry date of 9th May (the expiry of my insurance).

Didn’t hear anything from the winner of the charity auction. That apparently happens quite often…

Guess who phones me yesterday (15th May, about 3 months later)?

I told him the authorisations have expired and no way am I doing this all again especially as the CAA is now charging 75 quid for the N-reg aerial work permission. He got a bit stroppy and is “suggesting” that I donate an amount equivalent to the cost of the flight to charity!

To his (partial, only) credit, it would appear that the charity printed the voucher without an expiry date on it. Human nature being what it is, if you leave a hole somewhere, somebody is bound to find it and climb into it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The UK CAA has issued some new rules on charity flights – here

local copy

I have not re-investigated the N-reg situation and assume nothing has changed i.e. the DfT (now CAA) permission is still required.

Administrator

Another CAA charity flight document is here local copy

It looks like a later version of the above, plus a bit. Some very interesting stuff!

Administrator
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message