Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best way to download Jeppesen paper charts

Buckerfan wrote:

What is Elink. Does this mean I could access my Jeppview services from my Mac and print from there? That would be great.

Just contact Jepp and explain your issue re. printing and that elink would solve it.

@peter
I don’t think elink has anything to do with airlines.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Can you clarify this opinion?

It is the process above which used to be quite impossible – basically because there was no way to print 1 page from JeppFD, automatically sequence to the next page, print that, and so on for the whole airport.

Of course you can do it manually, but it takes ages. What a lot of people were doing is what was described in that old thread I linked i.e. screenshot of each page to Camera Roll and then print the camera roll.

Better ways were to print (again, 1 page at a time, manually) to a PDF and then use a 3rd party app to combine the PDFs and print them, A5, 2-up, whatever.

But there was never AFAIK a way to just print the whole of an airport in one go.

But as I said, maybe there is now a way.

In ForeFlight, one can create an airport “pack” and then print it.

That sounds like FF has solved this. And they can; a licensee of Jepp data gets the database, plus some source code (or maybe just a DLL or some such) for rendering the data, so they can implement what they like.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Or… You could fly with your 2 ipads, the way steve jobs intended you to.

Alternatively your iphone, ipad and old ppl glasses.
:-D

Last Edited by Cttime at 22 Mar 21:56
Sweden

Had a productive conversation with Jepp support guy this am. He solved the problem of my terminal charts not downloading properly. In fact they had downloaded, but got sent to the wring directory.

Like Peter, I really like my Jepp paper charts, printed in ‘kneeboard’ style, ie two per page. So the various workarounds would cause me all sorts of grief getting them to print right. BTW he told me 1) I wouldnt be able to use Elink, but that 2) sometime this year or next the whole Jeppview nonsense will be replaced by an online downloading capability.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

2) sometime this year or next the whole Jeppview nonsense will be replaced by an online downloading capability.

And there was much rejoicing.

ELLX

lionel wrote:

And there was much rejoicing.

I wouldnt get too excited. Someone at Jepp told me at least 5 years ago that they would soon be launching a Mac version of Jeppview…

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

chflyer wrote:

If you have a Mac, there are a lot of native options and possibilities for sharing between an ipad or iphone and the Mac. Otherwise, the Printopia app works well including printing to pdf on the Mac.

Another vote here for Printopia. None of the other solutions worked for me. I use a ForeFlight binder as well, which can be slow to create and populate (I have an old iPad), but sending the PDF’s to the Mac (via Printopia) is quick and the resultant PDF’s have always had the fonts embedded and print properly.

I have had much more trouble printing directly from ForeFlight onto A5 double-sided. Maybe it works better now, but I gave up trying awhile ago.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message