Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best/cheapest handling at Le Bourget LFPB?

Any tips for flying in there?

Nothing special at all I would say.

Seems like you get transitioned to CDG SIDs and STARs.

Le Bourget has it's own SIDs and STARs, some originating 150 NM away from Paris like our usual EPL 7W arrival coming from the east. The subsequent transitions terminate with a "maintain heading and expect radar vectors" segment. Familiarise yourself with the lost comms procedures just in case, otherwise you might end right in the middle of Charles de Gaulle traffic. When operations from the east are in progress (like 9 times out of 10), landing is usually on runway 27 and departure on 25. Final for 27 can be up to 40 NM long, all the way at 5000ft, turbine nightmare. When operating from the other side, expect lengthy vectors around and over Paris, this time at 3000ft only. During that phase, rather look outside at the beauty of Paris instead of inside at your fuel indicators, otherwise it will make you cry ;-)

On departure, you will usually get radar vectors right from the start and rapid climb clearances if your aircraft is capable to do it. I never flew more than two or three miles on an SID from Le Bourget. They really want you out of Paris airpace as soon as possible, so for us flying to the east it is "fly heading .... climb ... fly heading ... climb ... direct EPL or even LUPEN (close to Strasbourg on the border to Germany)"

EDDS - Stuttgart

What next you were exactly right. A really long STAR from Dieppe. The transition to the rnav approach doesn't appear to be in the Garmin G1000 which led to some quick manual entry. Followed by radar vectors to a really long final. I hit the FAF about when I would normally expect to land!

On final to 27 you are really close to CDG. I mean really close.

Nice airport. If it wasn't for the cost it would be perfect.

EGTK Oxford

€700 - it is truly astonishing.

In the interests of accuracy, the actual charge was €540.

EGTK Oxford

In 2002 I collected my plane from the Socata office at Le Bourget

That office was closed shortly afterwards.

I don't think Socata were paying that sort of money back then...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I fly regularly to Le Bourget with the Cirrus and pay about 350-400 for the handling (Advanced Air Service, they bought Darta and Escradrille). Then on top of that you will get another bill from the Paris Airports for about 200 euro.

EDLE, Netherlands

about 20 years ago I went often to Le Bourget. For my Mooney TLS I paid 400DM or 200€. Today it is 600€ - an increase of 200% which means an average increase of 10% p.a. I think it is the same rate or even less than Chanel uses to counteract inflation

EDxx, Germany

It would probably pay to tech stop somewhere else to clear customs.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

And then go to Toussus

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Or fly to Pontoise.

EDLE, Netherlands

Jason: that is only the handling fee + parking + security. On top of that you will get another bill from the Aerodromes of Paris.

EDLE, Netherlands
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message