Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Back from Africa

What wonderful photos. Until today’s report, I was becoming convinced that I’d never want to visit Africa… this looks a lot better!

Thanks for taking us along.

Great report. Looking forward to hear the rest of the stories.

EDLE, Netherlands

Look at the snails in Tan Tan. Last time I went there them were thousand of them on the runway and taxiways !

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Back from Africa – Day 4 – Dakhla-Tan Tan
Gorgeous weather today, and what sights! Where the Sahara touches Atlantic Ocean magic is created. Although the flight lasted 4h15 – a record – we were not bored a single second. We were doing a low pass over Cab Juby where Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry wrote his “Petit Prince”. We saw oasises and salt lakes. Once on the ground we visited Tan Tan Plage, drank tea and we ended the evening with a simple delicious Moroccan meal.
As before: for more pictures and stories, click on:
http://www.abeam.be/back-from-africa-day-4-dakhla-tan-tan/

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

@Silvaire – I must admit that it is getting better every day

@Aeroplus – your weather app rocks !!

@Romain – no snails seen yet – its probably not the season ?

Abeam the Flying Dream

I have to say I’m now looking forward very much to these updates

The natural scenery is similar to that in the southwest US deserts or Mexico, and equally interesting, but the shipwrecks are mind boggling…. The one with ARMAS on the side is apparently the Assalama, which partially sunk in 2008 with 122 people on board, all of whom were uninjured. But the ship just sits there for eight years!?

Last Edited by Silvaire at 11 Oct 23:39

Great photos and this is definitely a great fly away for your owners – some folk were planning a flight to Cape Town from London in a microlight (there maybe a record they are trying to set?) with a Broussard as the chase ’plane. Will have to follow up and see how they are getting on.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Back from Africa – Day 5 – Tan Tan Marrakesh
Again a nice flight: first along the coast until the landscape around Agadir was green again. Over the Atlas Mountains at about 7500 ft to land across in Marrakech.
The rest of the day enjoying the craziness of the city in the Souks, Medina and La Mamounia. A bustling city full of Moroccan exoticism!
For more stories and pictures:
http://www.abeam.be/back-from-africa-day-5-tan-tan-marrakech/

Abeam the Flying Dream

More nice photos Morocco looks a really interesting place. I’d like to have the ‘summer house’ (Google Maps term) on the beach just south of Agadir. I guess it’s good to be King.

Similarly, the new Swiss-based Bombardier Global with Bahamas registration, sitting in Morocco is an interesting combination, eh?

Silvaire wrote:

Similarly, the new Swiss-based Bombardier Global with Bahamas registration, sitting in Morocco is an interesting combination, eh?

Oh, there are loads of these in Marrakesh especially, but also elsewhere in Morocco. Just as an aside: Er-Rachidia airport was built with Saudi money to accommodate 747s. Why? Because there is some kind of bird the Saudis like to hunt, one week or so per year. Fondly remember an afternoon there sipping tea with the tower controller and the local police chief watching a young Russian oligarch and his girlfriend trying to coax their little white dog up the steps to a Global Express. Had flown in for the day…

Sign in to add your message