Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aztec G-BKJW July 2023 - three people arrested

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/plane-crash-yorkshire-field-triggers-27709507

Three men arrested by Yorkshire Police? Was this accident discussed anywhere.

I assume the arrests may have something to do with the legality of the flight?

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

ASN

Very strange. The CAA almost never goes after anybody in this way but “dodgy charters” (like this famous one) but this could not have been thus since there was only 1 POB.

Remember also that in the UK an “arrest” means almost nothing. If your wife goes missing, they can arrest you just because they think you must have had something to do with it A charge is something else…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Apparently July 6th at Thirsk. 20 year old lost his life in this accident. What drew my attention was that three arrested? When ever did that happen in the UK.

@peter. I do not think it is related to the Aztec crash. PA38 G-CHER

Three men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter in connection with a plane crash in Thirsk earlier this year.

On Thursday, July 6, 2023, a plane crashed in a field near to Bagby Airport in Thirsk. The emergency services all rushed to the scene, but a man in his 20s died in the crash.

Now, three men, aged 37, 55 and 68 have been arrested. They were arrested on September 12 on suspicion of manslaughter

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 19 Sep 10:08
EGPF Glasgow

Looks the same, unless there was another crash on 6 July 2023 ?

I agree one can’t easily tell from the wreckage if it was an Aztec.

I don’t think the photo of the pilot standing next to PA38 G-CHER is related, and I find no crash report for G-CHER, which on a quick look has not flown (with Mode S) since Feb 2023.

Administrator

Got it here but that report may be inaccurate

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/three-men-arrested-manslaughter-after-30936576

That report probably used the photo of the young man involved and it looks like that airframe was not the one involved. It may well be the Aztec then.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 19 Sep 10:21
EGPF Glasgow

I think it was. FA track:

Administrator

This is it

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/316539

The three were arrested on September 12th 2023 and includes a used aircraft dealer?

EGPF Glasgow

I posted that ASN link earlier – same one, Aztec.

North Yorkshire Police said three men aged 37, 55 and 68 were arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of manslaughter.

The one you probably have in mind is (according to Companies House) nowhere near any of those ages.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

The one you probably have in mind is (according to Companies House) nowhere near any of those ages.

I actually did not have anyone in mind when I saw the report , however the ones I did ponder are of age..

I am just quite taken aback that the Police working with CAA and the AAIB move on a manslaughter charge. The only one I can recall is Shoreham.

EGPF Glasgow

I have no knowledge of this case but with the U.K. CAA anyway it is often deliberate falsification of records that seems to lead to prosecution. I seem to recall a helicopter FI/examiner case some years back where he was prosecuted after a fatality and had falsified training records and tests for the pilot who crashed?

Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message