Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aztec G-BKJW July 2023 - three people arrested

Yeah they don’t mess about with that

caa_prosecutions_2021_2022_pdf

(I presume that first fine is linked to income because wowza – he was fined a total of £175k in the end)

In another year someone got nailed for signing off maintenance work without appropriate licence

Funny that it’s three. Maybe the owner, the mechanic and the guy that chartered it!

[ links localised since the CAA originals expire ]

Last Edited by paleale at 19 Sep 21:14
United Kingdom

The guy that chartered it is probably dead.

One can work out who two of them are from a quick look online but it doesn’t explain the charge. To me, none of this hangs together unless it was a severe maintenance issue, and this is rarely prosecuted, not least because the maint business pays licensing fees to the CAA, and if the CAA started digging too deep they would lose a large chunk of revenue as well as shutting down many companies. I strongly suspect the CAA did not recover the Sala PA46 because they knew from the CO in the passenger’s recovered body that it might have revealed something which would have complicated Henderson’s prosecution.

We will probably have to wait for an AAIB report, but that will be tricky since the AAIB will be told to not do anything to frustrate a prosecution.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message