Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Alderney Fly-in 2014

Is anyone here planning on going to the Alderney Flyin??

Link

I’m planning on being there Friday-Sunday. I haven’t been before, but it looks like a well organised event.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I’ve been a few times, but not recently.

On one occasion accommodation was difficult as two of the hotels were closed owing to an intestacy battle when the owner died, and that was a significant chunk of the available bed space.

It’s one of my favourite islands and Charles Strasser is a good host (if he’s still doing it).

The islands activities are mostly down to eating, drinking and walking, but that suits me!

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

Would the airfield allow camping under the wing?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I’ve no idea, but there is a campsite on the island.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Hi – We run the campsite on Alderney. See our website www.sayebeachcampsite.com.. You can either hire one of our equipped tents or you are welcome to pitch your own. Camping isn’t allowed anywhere else on the island other than at the campsite by the way. If you don’t fancy camping, there has been some extra accommodation laid on especially and the organisers will be able to tell you about that.

Hope to see you at the campsite either as a camper or as a visitor to our shop and café where we do cooked breakfasts every morning and are open for other things until 6pm each day.

That’s an answer to my question: camping under the wing is apparently NOT allowed. Thank you!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I’ll be there!

Do come along and support the fly in if you can. Alderney is a great island and lots of people are putting in a great deal of effort to welcome visitors to the island.

We shall look forward to seeing you….

UK, United Kingdom

ILF

I’ll be there in EI-EDR, a Piper Arrow.

If you see me, say hi!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Hi Colm

I most certainly will! I’ll be helping out all weekend so shall at last look forward to meeting someone from the forum!

Let’s hope for lovely weather for the weekend. I hear all three runways are open again, which is great news indeed.

Don’t forget to pack your camera, the island is very photogenic!

UK, United Kingdom
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message