Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Alderney EGJA re-opening - July 2021

Many previous threads on Alderney but all I can find were specific events in past years.

The island closed practically totally due to CV19 in March 2020 and has only just re-opened. There is quite a process to jump through, which I detailed here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Presumably the return journey is much more straightforward – there is no “goodbye” team (or whatever the opposite of welcome is ;) when leaving Alderney
No requirement for tests, vaccination certificates etc.

Also, Passenger Locator Forms are not required when travelling within the Common Travel Area.
(See this gov.uk webpage)

So I think you’d only need a flight plan and GAR form as in pre-COVID times – is that correct?

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

I think anyone planning to go “someday soon” needs to set up a profile on that .gg website because I read something about them having to approve it before you can use it.

Then a day or two before you travel you create a trip profile on it (can’t do it sooner than that).

Then call the reception team number and book yourself a slot.

And there is PPR with the tower of course

Flight Plan, GAR form.

For the return, yes, GAR and a flight plan.

Once people have done this, let me know and we can do a fly-in

Administrator

Why not go to Guernsey first and then go over to Alderney? It seems like the arrival appointments are only if you come from outside the Bailiwick of Guernsey.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

The online form asks where you have been recently. And the same scheme is for both Guernsey and Alderney…

But you may be right that the “welcome team” is not then involved, or the Guernsey version of it is more time-flexible.

Administrator
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message