Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Wanted - Robin DR400/DR401/DR500 president

Please get in touch if you know anyone thinking of selling a FUEL INJECTED Robin – ideal would be the Diesel 155 – Ecoflyer 2.0S but I’d also consider a 500/President with the injected engine.

Even very new aircraft considered.

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom

Hi,
You could do worse than to chat Dick in Transnal Aero in Holland. He is a Robin dealer and a great guy. I sold him a DR400 which he was going to resell I think with a 2.0S engine. Give him a call if you like;

Transal Aero Services BV
Calandweg 2e
4341RA Arnemuiden
Nederland

T +31 113 614370
F + 31 113 614322

[email protected]
www.transalaero.com

Tell him I said hello from Ireland!

William

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

now, it’s my turn ;-)
if you know anyone interested in selling his Robin DR-253, or if you know about one that’s sitting unused somewhere at the far end of a hangar – please let me know. Airplane doesn’t necessarily need to be in pristine condition.

thanks in advance!

We have a complete DR400-180R airframe for sale, it requires a total rebuild and would be suitable for a factory Grand Revision.

This would give you the opertunity to have an aircraft rebuilt to your specification by the factory.

Mail me if interested.

I’ve been trying to buy one single part from the factory for over a year. So good luck having them rebuild a whole aircraft…

The factory are along way from the best parts suppliers in the business but not imposable to deal with.

The so called “grand revision” takes the aircraft to a new state with current parts that are available from stock. The biggest problem with Robin parts is some parts are no longer made by the original supplier.

All I need is a fuel sender. I’ve been trying to get hold of one for thirteen months now without success. Obviously, it’s open to interpretation at which point ‘a long way from the best’ becomes ‘impossible’ but I think I’m there now…

Have you got the part number ? & for what type of Robin is it for ?

Who knows we might have one on the shelf.

Hi

It’s a DR250/160. I believe the part number is 52.11.56.010 (the part number in the IPC is wrong – the factory gave me this new part number).

The issue is, it’s a four wire device rather than the usual three wire. Basically, both ends of the potentiometer are exposed as is the wiper. There’s then a further connection which is contacted by the wiper to illuminate the low fuel warning light. The gauge has balanced coils.

As you can see, it’s a relatively unusual arrangement. It is the same as the DR1050, but no other models as far as I can tell – all the rest use the ‘single ended’ arrangement in the second diagram.

Cheers,

Steve

Last Edited by stevelup at 10 Sep 20:50

A_and_C wrote:

We have a complete DR400-180R airframe for sale,

Thanks, but I’m looking specifically for a DR-253

stevelup wrote:

All I need is a fuel sender.

I would ask here and here The 1050 is probably the most popular Jodel around hence chances are you will be able to get a second hand unit. Otherwise I would just change the sender to a 3 wire (can get one for you) unit and the respective fuel gauge. Worst case scenario you will need to apply for minor mod approval.

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message