Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Grob 120

Emir wrote:

guess Grob had a pretty good deal on switches… and CBs.

Funny thing about Grob is that its name in Croatian means grave

In some Eastern European languages it means coffin. :)

EGTR

Etymology edit … Inherited from Old Czech hrob, from Proto-Slavic *grobъ. Compare Serbo-Croatian grȍb and groblje (“grave”), German Grab (“grave”) and graben

It’s really bad to choose a name like that for a company. It does mean that non-German customers are pretty unlikely to buy the product, and Grob must have been aware, and were not bothered.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Even in German it means “coarse”, “rough”, even “rude” in some cases. Some people have unfortunate last names and don’t even care, which I applaud.

Berlin, Germany

Sure, but in marketing one is strongly advised to not do that. Big firms do specific research on brand names for that reason.

Anyway, what a nice plane. I wonder what the range is? Like well off pilots at one level buy the 250k ultralights, a well off pilot at a higher level could buy this one. I would if I had that sort of money.

Administrator

In that case it’s simply the name of the founder, Burkhart Grob.

etn
EDQN, Germany

725NM range and 226 ktas max cruise. You can get these numbers from a piston Cirrus.

LPFR, Poland

loco wrote:

725NM range and 226 ktas max cruise. You can get these numbers from a piston Cirrus.

Probably, but the Grob 120 TP is not exactly marketed as a “range and cruise” aircraft

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

You can get these numbers from a piston Cirrus.

An SEP will generally well outperform a TP on range, unless the TP is something huge like a TBM which then costs 3x more to operate than a Jetprop

Administrator
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message