Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Beechcraft V35A Bonanza

@Mooney_Driver Thanks
Yes, the AP actually works flawlessy with the GI275 as source. We even tried a RNAV approach and the glideslope coupler worked perfectly as well. So, no reason for now to switch to some more “modern” AP like a GFC500 :)

As for the radio coupler, not sure but I think to remember it used to be like this even before the update :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Some more pictures:

Note that we moved the switches to the left for easier access. This is possible, while the circuit breakers need to stay where they used to be :)

Last Edited by lukepower at 28 Jan 16:23
LOWI,LIPB, Italy

lukepower, 2 ADFs?!

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

lukepower, 2 ADFs?!

Lecit question: The original equipment of the plane was with two ADF’s, and as they were still working we kept them :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Wow, that’s hard core old school ;-))!

Well, the main rule was: I want a modern navigator with traffic information, but also keep the panel “vintage” and do not throw out anything useful. FOr example we have the old stormscope which is now integrated into the 750 and all those Garmin things. There was a longer discussion about going with a bigger panel, i.e. a G500, but space and weight considerations led me to the 275 route – which I am now happy to have gone :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Even in Italy, most NDBs have been switched off a few years ago.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Those ADFs habe a neat stopwatch. Save my bacon once when an inspection by an FI found the plane unable for IFR because there was none. I showed the one on the KR87 and they were happy and went off for their lesson.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 28 Jan 20:03
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

lukepower wrote:

lukepower27-Jan-24 16:3531
@Mooney_Driver Thanks
Yes, the AP actually works flawlessy with the GI275 as source. We even tried a RNAV approach and the glideslope coupler worked perfectly as well. So, no reason for now to switch to some more “modern” AP like a GFC500 :)

As for the radio coupler, not sure but I think to remember it used to be like this even before the update :)

Absolutely fantastic setup! I love it! Keeping it mostly historical and original, while taking advantage of some suitable glass upgrades! Fantastic.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

What was the TT on the airframe when you bought it and what was your rationale for going with an older one and upgrade it vs sinking that capital into something newer and already setup as you want it?

Looks awesome btw!

ELLX, Luxembourg
Sign in to add your message