Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Beechcraft V35A Bonanza

Congrats @lukepower, seems like you have a beautiful bird to mutually look after one another for years to come!

Enjoy!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Hello @all,
so, indeed the avionics update (and while we were at it, new seatbelts, new Landing Height System, plenty of traffic stuff, an ADL200, and hell I forgot some) took longer than expected.
But, finally, we have made it. I got the aircraft back to Bolzano last Monday, and hell was I eager to fly with it.

Regrettably I didn’t take much more pictures as we were ironing out some subtle issues with the “talking” between all the Garmin equipment. Took a flight to Trento for some training and was appalled about how much traffic was visible on the 750 :)

Btw, Avgas at LIDT Trento is currently 2.66 EUR :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Awesome panel, love it. And it logs data 😍

always learning
LO__, Austria

The Rolls-Royce of aircraft, a beauty, and a nice N number to go along

Anyone, now please take that magic wand, and touch my head. Ping! I’m 40 years younger
Ok, thanks, give it another go, maybe harder this time. PING! Homebuilt? UL? No way, I want a certified IFR capable super looking cruiser, in short I want a Bonanza, and yes, a V35

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

What a beautiful version! The V35A tends to be lighter with excellent useful load and less sensitive in the issue of aft CG limit with fuel burn, which affects later types. What is the empty mass and empty CG on this one? some are as low as 2,030 lbs empty and around 79.5 inches, effectively nearly 1,400 lbs useful load. My F33A is just over 2280 lbs empty and 81.4 in.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Empty 2180 lbs, CG 79.70 so pretty good I would say :)
It is well righed and a joy to fly. and yes, @snoopy, it logs data (albeit I need to sort out a straightforward way of downloading it)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

@lukepower a solid 1200 lbs useful and 175KTAS with 750nm range, a heck of a lot of utility.

If I don’t trace my gremlin on my KI825 slaved compass, will go with a GI275 EHSI. How expensive was the install (I realise you also added a GI275 AI).

@RobertL18C Well, it was a heck of a work, as we changed all cabling (and added the needed lines for the future tip tanks as well).
The ADL200 got “real” antennas on the outside of the aircraft (Iridum, GPS, 4G).
Added two GI275, one 750XI, one 345 and a load of stuff I forgot. The work itself cost me about 22k, on top of the single components which we bought directly in the US (which saved considerable money, thanks N-reg :) ). There came a point where I stopped looking at the details :)
For example, the plane had a WX1000 weather radar. We were able to source the version which has an output, which now is connected to the 750xi :)
The whole traffic stuff, with an ADSB receiver which we got used for a decent amount of money, is quite impressive. Hell, I never saw that many aircraft on the screen at once, and with realtime updates :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Thank you @lukepower nice set up, and pretty future proofed.

Looks great! Lovely set up!

It’s nice to see that the old AP apparently works with the new stuff. I used to fly a Seneca I with the predecessor of that AP and it worked just fine.

Small question: Is the radio coupler top left turned by 90° to the right by intention or not so much? Looks a bit strange.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message