Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best EASA Country for PA-18 Super Cub Registration?

Of course, someone that has done SEPs before.

My club has changed the N-number on three aircraft in the last couple of years. AFAIK, this also requires DAR involvement.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

hypoxiacub wrote:

The N register is the final goal, though I have no illusions it will happen before the end of the decade

It’s a Super Cub we are talking about, and there are lots and lots of them in the US. Why do you want a Swedish one in the first place if you don’t want a Swedish one after all?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

The reason for shopping in Europe is a) I am in Europe b) shipping container rates are through the roof right now c) Americans have gone on a buying rampage with all the money printing over there and airplanes have shot up in value d) used prices in Europe include VAT (likely paid 20-40 years ago at a lower price), whereas an import would add it on at current market value, making the price differential worse.

I was just digging around the FAA’s search tool for domestic DARs. There are plenty. The list of international DARs is very, very short. There has to be someone on that list in the USA that would love to get a free plane ticket to Europe to kick the tires on an airplane (I have lots of air miles…). My next step will be to phone up some folks in the US to make sure that a DAR in the US can sign off on an airplane anywhere, or if they are somehow limited to a district.

My next step will be to phone up some folks in the US to make sure that a DAR in the US can sign off on an airplane anywhere,

A USA based DAR is not going to pencil whip an import onto the N register. @Bosco is right there are a couple of DARs in Germany who may be able to do it, suggest you speak to his club.

A DAR on a European bus person’s holiday sounds potentially a recipe for disappointment

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

To close out the thread, the official advice I have gotten from others in the know is that the current DAR world in Europe is a disaster and largely to expect to bring someone from the US or not do it at all.

46 Posts
Sign in to add your message