Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SEPs in service with european Armed Forces

Czech Air Force uses Zlin Z142C-AF – a total of eight, based at LKPD Pardubice:

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Arne wrote:

Have they dropped the TB20’s altogether?

gallois wrote:

I thought the French Armée de l’air used TB30’s until a couple of years back.

My understanding is they are (or were last year) selling off the last batch of TB30s, supposedly after a period of storage. These are the planes that are going into civilian hands in the US. As per my earlier posts I’ve flown two now, with their owner. Good fun

I just walked across the hangar row to check progress on this Marchetti after a few months of effort by its owner on landing gear overhaul, prop overhaul etc. Col Gaddafi had this one when new, not European but situated not too far away as the crow flies..

Last Edited by Silvaire at 18 Jun 20:15

I also thought the plan at most training centres was to get rid of the TB30s and Grob 120As and replace them with PC21s.
I hadn’t heard of much fast jet initial training on the Cirrus, perhaps it is just an interim measure.

France

I thought the French Armée de l’air used TB30’s until a couple of years back. I don’t remember them using TB20’s for general training.

France

Juste read that

• Swiss Air Force operates Sonaca 200s
  • Danish Air Force tests Pipistrel electric trainers
  • France is looking for a replacement for its Grob120 and Cirruses. Probably for something sportier than the Cirruses
LFOU, France

mh wrote:

I never saw a CAP10 without the left hand throttle

My mistake, I went a little bit beyond my knowledge zone

Arne wrote:

Frankly, I didn’t know the FAF had TBs !! They were replaced by the Cirruses in 2012. The Cirruses are leased and managed by an Airbus subsidiary.
Interestingly, ENAC (the French public aviation school) chose to upgrade their TB (G500 + WAAS) instead of changing them.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

French air Force and Navy do their basic flight training on Cirrus
ESMK, Sweden

Jodel DR1050s have left and centre throttles.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

What is the next step after the 80hp Tecnam ?

After that they move to the T-6Α Texan II and then to the Τ-2Ε Buckeye. The latter will be phased out soon and will be replaced by the Leonardo M346 in a 20-year agreement with Elbit.

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

Jujupilote wrote:

the CAP10 used for screening by French Navy have been modified with a throttle and mixture on the very left side :

The CAP10 I flew had them there, too. As I come to think of it, I never saw a CAP10 without the left hand throttle. Being an aerobatic trainer, it makes sense to fly it with your right hand doing aeros. I think it’s a configuration ex works, not a modification.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
40 Posts
Sign in to add your message