Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Risen UL

Almost 200ktas at 26L/h.

According to my calculations 300km/h is 161,9 KT, or am I missing something?

I had a look at the attached video and here are my thoughts:
why this slick little folding gear thing with one person and 47 litres of gas on board is flying so slowly?
Is it faster than VL3?

Poland

Here are the numbers, 365km/h on 26l/h is the 75% cruise at FL90, they were flying slower for max range

https://www.flyrisen.com/risen-915isv

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Jun 16:49
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Wow this is quite a feat. Hat off…

I love the Risen and have been watching it since early days. Also talked with Alberto a couple of times. I think he is a very sharp and dedicated person with an exceptional set of qualities that is reflected in the aircraft.

I believe Risen has taken the aerodynamic design of this category as close to perfection as possible. Performance numbers are remarkable, especially if one takes into account the relatively roomy side-by-side cockpit. I also like the very distinctive shape – a welcome departure from the plethora of Lancair clones and would be military trainers.

The engine seems to be non existent, as its cowling looks minuscule compared with the huge canopy. The plane has a distinct “female” feel to it because of this -Especially compared to the Blackwing which was just next door at Aero.

I got on board to check what a friend had said: access and ergonomy are not for us old dogs…
Well I barely managed to not scratch anything with my clumsy feet, and once I was in the pilot “seat” it felt fine, if a bit too horizontal for my liking.
But the exercise was not smooth enough for me to consider buying one – the plane won’t get more accessible, and I won’t get more agile….
Getting in / out in rain and windy weather will be challenging.

Build quality is ok, not at Blackwing level, small detail in the cowl show that manufacturing/QA is still in its infancy…. or that Italy is just not Sweden…

Overall I would highly recommend it as a novel approach to fast and efficient VFR flying, for everyone agile enough to get on board and willing to shell out between 250 and 350 AMU plus VAT.

Break break – now getting on board my Extra 400, by safely climbing the clamshell doorsteps, casually dropping my shopping bags in the cavernous cabin, and WALKING to the cockpit for a 3 hour air-conditioned flight including lunch served on the emergency checklist tablet as usual.
All this while burning only 4 times the fuel a Risen would use on the same trip. Sheeesh… let the youngsters have their racer and break records.

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message