Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Buying my first plane

I am going to test fly a TB-20 in 10 days and will let you know my personal findings but know from reports they are short of headroom for tall guys like me (1.86 m) unless the seats are reclined quite a bit.

LSPG, LSZC, Switzerland

The GT has quite a bit more headroom. Not sure how much but could be 10cm. The GT has many other advantages (there were many small but useful design changes) and if you can afford it it is a better model to go for.

The TB10 and the TB20 have the same cockpit dimensions, comparing like for like. But very few GT TB10s were made.

There is no comparison between a TB20 and a PA28R, in performance, and build quality.

Don’t buy an early TB (early 1980s), unless it is immaculate. You will spend a lot of money.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What about this : https://www.rebornaviation.com/
If you consider a PA-28 and would like to upgrade the cockpit anyway it’s certainly worth to consider.
An almost new and up-todate airplane for a fraction of the factory new price.

EDRT, ELLX, Luxembourg

Peter wrote:

There is no comparison between a TB20 and a PA28R, in performance, and build quality.

Don’t buy an early TB (early 1980s), unless it is immaculate. You will spend a lot of money.

Thanks Peter. I will keep that in mind in my ongoing investigations.
gildnn wrote:

What about this : https://www.rebornaviation.com/

I have read that in Flyer Mag or somewhere else some months ago. That is really a chic way to upgrade! But my Archer II would still have the same range and speed. So a RG with bigger tanks and MTOW would make more sense.

LSPG, LSZC, Switzerland

https://www.rebornaviation.com/

This only make sense when you buy an Archer, do old owners go for that kind of upgrades?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

If you want an off market Dakota with great avionics, we can probably help you out. Would be night and day better value than that Reborn stuff.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

WilliamF wrote:

If you want an off market Dakota with great avionics, we can probably help you out. Would be night and day better value than that Reborn stuff.

Do you have any Dakotas available?

LSPG, LSZC, Switzerland

We are hoping that Flyer Mag would do a feature on the Turbo Dakota and Non Turbo Dakota we have for sale from our own stock. It would be nice to compare them side by side in real world performance.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

WilliamF wrote:

It would be nice to compare them side by side in real world performance.

Well, why don’t you tell us something about them. You should have the POH’s so some comparison in book values should be possible. The Dakota is one airplane which is underestimated a lot.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

We’ve got a contact in Flyer Mag and they are going to do something with them both side by side. The turbo one is waiting on the engine to come back so it will be a few weeks yet. I think I have some old flight tests and brochures for the Dakota I’ll dig them up.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland
Sign in to add your message