Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aircraft affordability survey

More likely they are airline pilots…?

The survey really does show the broad range of expertise here on EuroGA. It is no doubt vastly different to any other forum I have ever been on, and I have done a lot of them in years past. I just wish that more people posted, or even started new threads

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The most suprising thing was the presence of CS-25 aircraft owners here. No own seems to own up to that in the postings.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

And the report is out

here

Peter, you might want to host this locally. [ done ]

ESME, ESMS

I’ve just done it as well.Due to Peter’s email, of course
Well statistic is nice tool but…. There can be many different scenarios, particularly regarding licenses and UL involvement.
As an example, CPL licensed pilot no more maintaining license, working out aviation business and flying UL/LSA aircraft due to lower price of operations. IR license is too expensive to maintain and not available for LSA (or VLA) but VLA or LSA aircraft is still suitable for flying and traveling as well.
Maybe not nominal example, but real.

Slovakia
LZSL, LZOC, LZLU

I’ve just done it. Very slowly, without a calculator, converting £UK to €. I’m probably at the bottom end earnings wise, and my share value is for January 1990, when I bought it. Annual cost is actual 2015 cost. 2016 had a lot of down time, and 2017 has been a disaster, with wing refurbishment taking far longer than expected.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

There will be many more responses today and tomorrow, since a mailing has just gone out to 1000+ people.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
cheaper to maintain

Some might prefer to say “less expensive to maintain” …

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Michael_J wrote:

Still saving for a small King Air…..

I would recommend a Turbo Commander instead. Faster, carries more and cheaper to maintain..

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 07 Nov 15:57

…if you need to save for a KA you might in effect self select outside the ownership club for the type

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Still saving for a small King Air…..

EKRK, Denmark
60 Posts
Sign in to add your message