Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AeroPlus Flightplan App for iPhone / iPad Released

Export route to an SD card a Garmin fpl which just seems to be an xml file and import into system. More hassle with GNS due to non standard card but I can do the SD card from my tablet.

EGTK Oxford

Anyone want to test the Aeroplus app on my route? EGTK to LEGE at FL270/280. Tried loading on my iPad but it needs iOS6.

EGTK Oxford

IOS6 - I wonder why.

IOS6 breaks a few things e.g. tethering to a Nokia phone running Joikuspot. Apple seem to have removed support for ad-hoc wifi.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

How is it done? (the interface, etc)

With the Garmin Flight Plan Migrator. You have to buy it in US as the card reader is not ROHS compliant and therefore it is illegal to sell it in Europe. Check the latest IP for an instruction. GNS boxes have a restriction of 31 waypoints up to 4.x software version, from 5.0x it is 100 waypoints. I had my 530W updated last Friday and will test as soon I have time to do so.

United Kingdom

With the Garmin Flight Plan Migrator.

It had to be something like that because the only way in is via inserting the flash card...

You have to buy it in US as the card reader is not ROHS compliant and therefore it is illegal to sell it in Europ

They could have easily used one of the exemptions - available till 2017.

Presumably you can just get it on Ebay.

A lot of people have had problems getting that product to work, however.

Administrator

I can only say it works for me. I had one bad file from Rocketroute on a VFR flight plan a few weeks back. If anyone has a problem, they can contact me.

United Kingdom

The newer GTN (and Gxxx) boxes make life easier by using standard SD Cards. The only problems I have had with the files are an occasional locked waypoint (presumably due to a different Lat/long), and last week the files seemed to have an XML extension which g1000 won't accept. It has to be .fpl.

EGTK Oxford

The newer GTN (and Gxxx) boxes make life easier by using standard SD Cards.

How do they stop you duplicating the cards and updating multiple boxes for the cost of one download?

Is each database encrypted with a key residing in the GPS?

Administrator

Nav Database is linked to the serial number of the G1000 system.

EGTK Oxford

First of all: Nice work AeroPlus, your App looks very promising! And for us IFR pilots, it is a good thing to have multiple systems available for route generation.

There seem to be a bug in the calculation of the route length percentage, which give too optimistic numbers...

Example: EHLE-EDHK GC distance: 202NM

The shortest route found is 273NM. The app says that is 118% of direct. But it should be: 273/202*100=135% of GC distance.

Sign in to add your message