Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice concerning Piper Lance

The next EuroGA fly-in one is Slovenia – here

I sent out a reminder email to everybody in the last day or two but a lot of people’s spam filters dump it. Also some people have invalid addresses which bounce back; we then mark them “invalid” so we avoid re-mailing invalid addresses in the future, but then the person can’t login…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

an update:

I brought the aircraft about 3 months ago.
So far, so good, and putting a few hours a week onto it.
Got the transponder changed for a king branded (but trig internally…) mode S – working v well so far.
mx20 really seems knackered- Ive tried a new data card from the USA, but it still has a blue screen, and tries to boot in an endless loop

thats ok though, the airplane was discounted to reflect this

So- 530w or repair the mx20?

if repair, who to use?
if 530w they do seem a lot cheaper across the pond

Does anyone have any recommendations who to use either across the pond, or UK/Europe?

I love the stec 55x, and the fuel flow and the engine monitor, working well so far, and the engine, wow its smooth.

And finally……looking forward to getting to one of your meet ups-when is the next one?

Andrew

egbw

Is that wing cuff Cessna standard?

Probably fitted with a STOL kit hence the cuff look strange.

UK, United Kingdom

Is that wing cuff Cessna standard?

Surely wipers will destroy a plastic window in no time.

Administrator

The C172 with wipers is great. More innovation than Cessna has shown in the last 40 years.

move to North Korea

you are inspired by the NK’s progress in GA, right? I think that’s a great country for a freedom loving pilot who’s into software development ;-)

To me airplanes are like houses. You never buy it just for yourself, you have to always think of the next owner.

could not agree more on this

btw i am also looking for a PA32 (non T tail) if someone comes across one please let me know

fly2000

For me resale value is critical. I don’t buy an airplane knowing that I will keep it for 20 years. Things change, I might give up flying, move to North Korea, have more children than seats, move up to a more capable airplane, etc.

To me airplanes are like houses. You never buy it just for yourself, you have to always think of the next owner.

I agree, Mooney Driver.

However, at this sort of price level, say 50k final price after haggling (and we don’t know what this one actually sold for – could have been 30k) a 1976 plane with loads of hours, you are buying a plane on which the purchase price is of a similar order to what you should be expecting to spend on it over say the next 5-10 years.

And buying this for short term fun is just silly. You need to buy a plane for the longer term. Not just planes, too

So the resale value doesn’t matter all that much.

Let’s face it, if I cared for the resale value of my TB20, would I have written this or especially this?

I think it’s OK to buy an old dog with potential issues, so long as one discounts the price by the worst case.

Administrator
40 Posts
Sign in to add your message