Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

Do you mean this

It is 48hr PPR for “GA assistance”. What a joke, if that’s for all flights.

Anyway, they confirmed “handling” immediately by email. I haven’t been there before but planned it as an alternate (most recently on the long lockdown flights) and they were always responsive.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes; and the line below in the AIP says that handling is mandatory on apron B, which is the one used for visiting GA.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

“Assistance” is the non-idiomatic translation in English for “handling”

ELLX

I asked them what the 48hr means, explaining that it makes it almost impossible for GA to use such an airport, due to wx sensitivity of GA ops. Their reply:

The ppr is request 48hors before the landing.
There is for information.
Do not worry, your handling is confirmed.

To me, this is meaningless. But it doesn’t seem to matter.

Administrator

I think what they are saying is that you need to notify them 48 hours in advance to be sure that they can handle your flight. But they most likely can arrange handling at shorter notice (as they have for you).

The last time I vistied Lile was maybe 15 years ago. Handling consisted of nothing more than accepting payment for my landing fee, and the handling cost about €3.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

For Shengen arrivals to Lille one could ask to exit via Echo? not sure if international flights can skip handling?

PS: Lille are relaxed about 48h, I don’t ever recall asking them 48h in advance…for late night arrivals, they need to get you the marshaller…

Last Edited by Ibra at 12 May 13:10
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

payment for my landing fee, and the handling cost about €3.

A day visit with a 1-2 ton aircraft nowadays is about 60-70€…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Lille Airport is amazing. The process is best described as instant…

Administrator

They are a top bunch, the 48h AIP entry is a typo or mistake, just ‘staffing technicality’ unlike in other corners where 48h ‘business killer’

Last Edited by Ibra at 13 May 13:34
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I can confirm the 48hr PN is not something the airport seems to be operating, and will post a report here.

LFQQ is a great destination, including for a meet-up

Administrator
Sign in to add your message