Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ad Hoc fly-ins

Telegram group for ad-hoc fly-ins: https://t.me/+xNhorhP63F8wMDU0

Hello Laurent,

Who is organising this meeting?

Worth noting that this is overnight. This must be the first time I’ve heard of a Le Touquet meet-up like that Where do you suggest people will stay? Some hotels there are very expensive.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,

I’m organizing with a few other pilots. The event is completely private and the objective is to bring together pilots from different aeroclubs, private owners and initially from different regions in France.
Many have probably done night flights but often alone but how many have had the opportunity to gather during night flights? share this experience? This is an opportunity for a new experience for some and for others to get out of the usual daytime flights.

Some people will stay and others will return to their home base (like LFPT, LFPN for example).
People who intend to stay have chosen a cheap hotel nearby
- Hipphotel (60€)
- Gino Hotel (59€)

We have already proposed flight before the covid… IFR flight to the Channel Islands or to the Netherlands for example. I remember young pilots who had gathered for these private events and had their first real experience of flying farther than their home bases. They had to force themselves to organize themselves, plan, share with more experienced pilots. Now they are captain in major European companies.

Cheers.
Laurent

LFPN, France

Anyone fancy a meet-up this weekend? Wx is probably OK. France no longer requires testing, although you have to be within 7 months of your last vacc (wrongly reported on some sites as 9 months but I know someone who has just been to LFAT).

Administrator

Administrator

Possible meet-up this weekend.

No tests or PLF needed for UK.

Caen LFRK Sunday is the current plan.

PN 24 HR MNM to
[email protected]
In case of flight modification or cancellation, it is
mandatory to inform the operator

Administrator

Due to Caen being “unable to read” my PN

and their nice AIP warning

we are now going to Ostende EBOS, tomorrow 20/3.

Anyone else interested?

Administrator

Looking at Caen LFRK again, since we could not do it last time. Sunday 10th April.

Administrator

Can’t really do Caen. Anyway, no response, so can anyone PM me if they want to do a fly-in.

Administrator

Popping to Lille LFQQ tomorrow, Fri-Sat.

No PN in the AIP or in the Notams. A first for N France?

Administrator

Well, not for customs/immigration, but the airport is generally 48h PPR for visiting GA… It’s hidden deep in the AIP entry.

I don’t think they are too strict about the 48h, though.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 May 09:39
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message