Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A weekend in Coventry, landing at Birmingham EGBB

So still cheaper than anywhere else in Europe.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

5% (which you did pay, most likely) and 58p (which you didn‘t pay).

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Jul 12:41
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

How much is mineral oil tax for Jet A1 and what’s VAT in UK?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I think JetA in UK is about Croatia if you add 0.7€/L of tax duty the tax duty only applies for private leisure flights (JetA in private fighter jets) not to international or training flights…

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Jul 19:35
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Nice report update!

On top of that they delivered fuel for GBP 0.97 (EUR 1.14) which is much cheaper than in Croatia (EUR 1.80) of Belgium (2.45) which I used as refuelling stop on my way to EGBB.

That’s awesome 👏
I fueled up my car today and Diesel was a bit over 2€/L 😡

always learning
LO__, Austria

BTW I had great fun watching different aircrafts via ADL190 ADS-B.

Pegasus from Istanbul to Charleroi

Lufthansa A340 from LAX to MUC

Same flight shown within ForeFlight

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

boscomantico wrote:

Thanks. Did you make a stop on the way to the UK?

Are these trips for business or pleasure? Coventry was one of the first places in the UK I ever visited (admittedly many years ago), and didn‘t think much of it (like most of the rest of the Midlands, but I wonder if I am doing this area too much injustice..).

On a way to UK I made a stop at EBOS – €62 landing and €2.45 Jet-A1 – pretty expensive. I paid less for 200 litres at EGBB than for 100 at EBOS.

My son graduated at Coventry Uni and I was attending the ceremony

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks. Did you make a stop on the way to the UK?

Are these trips for business or pleasure? Coventry was one of the first places in the UK I ever visited (admittedly many years ago), and didn‘t think much of it (like most of the rest of the Midlands, but I wonder if I am doing this area too much injustice..).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Again I spent 4 days in Coventry and, due to limited working hours at EGBE (they don’t work on Sundays and Mondays), I landed to EGBB again. This time handling was provided by XLR who upgraded me from apron parking to hangarage for free and gave 50% of discount for handling. Great pilot’s lounge with free refreshments from water to champaign and crew rooms with comfortable sofas, all for 50 GPB. On top of that they delivered fuel for GBP 0.97 (EUR 1.14) which is much cheaper than in Croatia (EUR 1.80) of Belgium (2.45) which I used as refuelling stop on my way to EGBB.

Our return flight was non-stop 4:40 from EGBB to LDVA, pretty much non-eventful in clear skies with some IMC on departure and light icing briefly at FL130.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I suspect it is both duty free and (for export) VAT free. In the good old days, I paid £0.50 for avgas at LDLO

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message