Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your pet hate in flying?

People always complaining about something.

Forever learning
EGTB

I have two pet hates.

The first is when a guy who is nicknamed the POT-ASS decides to visit (e.g.) Berlin and has the airspace shutdown in a 60 mile radius for 2 days before he goes and one day after he’s left (come on, what’s that all about except to shove a final two fingers up at any other GA aviator?) just to ensure no-one can dive bomb a C172 onto his bonce….

The second is the demand to wear Hi-Vis jackets……

EDIT: I just heard that the POT-ASS is actually an abbreviation of “President of the United States” – I think POT-ASS still fits better…..

EDL*, Germany

Steve6443 wrote:

has the airspace shutdown in a 60 mile radius for 2 days before he goes and one day after he’s lef

As we have Airforce 2 sitting here with VPOTUS up in Davos and nobody has closed the airspace around ZRH, that appears to be a country related thing. Obvisouly there is a huge restricted area around Davos, but that is kind of understandable given the security situation and moreover the tremendous amount of traffic up there. I reckon some people simply take such events as a justification to exercise their pet peeves, such as the VFR ban in ZRH… totally useless but it must be satisfactory to someone.

Hi Vis jackets…. well, as it was a friend of mine whose fatal accident in the UK was the trigger for that particular ruling, I am one who would wear one of those even without anyone telling me to, particularly at night and at busy airports. After having been almost run over on my evening walk in November, I even wear it in our quiet little suburban streets at night these days….

Steve6443 wrote:

I just heard that the POT-ASS is actually an abbreviation of “President of the United States” –

That is POTUS for the President, FLOTUS for his wife.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Steve6443 wrote:

The first is when a guy who is nicknamed the POT-ASS decides to visit (e.g.) Berlin and has the airspace shutdown in a 60 mile radius for 2 days before he goes and one day after he’s left (come on, what’s that all about except to shove a final two fingers up at any other GA aviator?) just to ensure no-one can dive bomb a C172 onto his bonce….

When POTUS visited Stockholm some two years ago, very strange restrictions were in place, like private flights were ok, but commercial aerial work was not!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message