Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to get N2 tank filled

That photo does not show the required fitting.

Search EuroGA for oxygen fittings.

Fairly obviously you need a hose to fill the tyre, two regulators, and a means of refilling the cylinder.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jason: Sounds like you found out that if a tyre is 10% down on pressure when it goes for check the tyre is scrap. And the requirement for wheel NDT every few tyre changes. And the fact it takes 2 days for the tyre check due to the leak test……..

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Theses guys are inexpensive and do home delivery : http://www.adamsgas.co.uk/

Adams gas offer a range of RENT FREE range of gas cylinders ideally suited for the home bar users. We are the original rent free bottle supplier in the UK and have maintained to offer our customers the best gas at the right price without the continual rent charged by other gas suppliers. We can provide Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Dioxide / Nitrogen mix cylinders in a range of easy to handle and store cylinders.

Adams Gas delivers Drinks Dispense and Cellar gases, on a regular basis throughout Kent, South London, Central London and parts of East Sussex and the delivery costs are as follows:
Kent (Trade Gas Customers) £4.00 + vat
Kent (Home Bar Customers) £6.00 + vat
South London SE, SW, CR (Trade Gas Customers) £6.00 + vat
Central London W (except W7,W5,W13), NW8, NW1 N1, E (except E5, E10, E11, E18, E17, E4, E6), WC & EC (Trade Gas Customers) £6.00 + vat
South London SE, SW, CR (Home Bar Customers) £10.00 + vat
Central London W (except W7,W5,W13), NW8, NW1 N1, E (except E5, E10, E11, E18, E17, E4, E6), WC & EC (Home Bar Customers) £20.00 + vat
Parts of East Sussex £4.00 + vat
Parts of East Sussex ( Home Bar Customers) £10.00 + vat

Last Edited by Michael at 13 Dec 08:49
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Neil wrote:

Jason: Sounds like you found out that if a tyre is 10% down on pressure when it goes for check the tyre is scrap. And the requirement for wheel NDT every few tyre changes. And the fact it takes 2 days for the tyre check due to the leak test……..

Lets just say I am trying to avoid that – not yet been a victim. It is also driven by having to pay for an N2 fillup at Schipol. Any more of those and I will have paid for the system.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Lets just say I am trying to avoid that – not yet been a victim. It is also driven by having to pay for an N2 fillup at Schipol. Any more of those and I will have paid for the system.

Sorry for reviving an old thread. Did you ever find somewhere to top up the cylinder or does the aircraft spruce regulator fit on UK cylinders?

EGBB

Every secondary school will have a nitrogen cylinder. In later years they were the property of British Oxygen. Not expensive per fill.
In the 60s you had to buy the cylinder, but by 1980 BOx made them their property, rental in the fill cost.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

A welding shop made me an adapter out of existing parts and I used the AS regulator on normal welding tanks.

EGTK Oxford
I could´t care less about nitrogen in tires or shocks. Normal air is 80 percent nitrogen and the 20 percent oxygen are no factor for me – or the aircraft. So for servicing the Yak the standard diver compressor is asked for fill-ups in air system pressure of 60 bar in the air bottles and landing gear in several years intervals, no troubles. Vic
vic
EDME
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message