Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Search function

dublinpilot wrote:

Suggestion for the future. It would be nice to be able to sort the results by date. Often I know I’m looking for a post in the past few months, but I’ve to look through ones that are years old.

I agree. The lack of this sorting ability makes the search facility on here near useless in my experience. I am sure it is technically very advanced but usability is not great IMHO.

EGTK Oxford

I also agree. I have several times tried to find a recent post using the search function but found it to be impossible since the results can’t be sorted by date.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

+1 for the sorting

Last Edited by Vladimir at 31 Dec 11:00
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

I would suggest looking at the AND (has to be uppercase) option. It really does help to find stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Bump. I wanted to find the name of the burger place in le touquet (came up not long ago) and the inability to sort by date makes it very frustrating.

@Noe,

Search on Google for “site:euroga.org le touquet”, choose “past year” from the search tools, and you will find what you’re looking for in Post #5 of the first thread offered.

ATB, Peter.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Thanks Jacko!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There are some really nice functions there! It would probably be useful to display all that in the search page itself, or at least add a link to it.

The time sorting option still seems obviously useful – for people who don’t read the manual or just want to do a quick search. The amount of people asking for it is proof of it!

I really think you should default to chronological results. For years people have asked. The current search function just doesn’t work well in my opinion.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message