Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ChatGPT discussion, and ChatGPT-generated post examples

Peter wrote:

Is the above a post from ChatGPT?

In my opinion: Yes. In GPTZero’s opinion: There is a 96% probability this text was entirely written by Ai. 14/14 sentences are likely AI generated.

Compare that result with the post from Frans which scores 0%.

EDQH, Germany

I thought so… one can spot chatgpt stuff by the “sickly sweet” or “corporate BS” (e.g. “share with you” which no normal person uses) language.

Poster banned.

And that’s even without getting into Farnborough landing fees – thought to be over £500

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I guess it will only take months until someone adds a switch to sound like a meth dealer or your mother. That business model is more than obvious. Brace for a new level of scamming.

EDQH, Germany

What I don’t get is why somebody – not a bot – goes to the trouble of browsing a forum and entering something into chatgpt and then posting the output.

What possible satisfaction can be derived from that?

That guy actually managed to sneak in another post earlier, about using Innsbruck for Cervinia (the fly2ski thread) when Innsbruck cannot be used during the winter (the aeroclub has a monopoly on it). With just 1- or 2-line posts it is difficult to detect computer-generated text. It’s a bit like a guy we had here years ago who at one stage used to post as a woman; “she” could not write much without the style giving it away. So I reckon brief posts could well be undetectable… we already have a manual approval for new signups (i.e. me doing various checks ) but ISTM that most forums do not care about these posts. One ski forum on FB filled up with chatgpt posts and the mod couldn’t care less.

That poster’s domain is a valid website and it seems to be a completely fake chatgpt-generated one too.

Administrator

I asked chatgpt to provide a witty answer to your post, Peter, and here’s what I got:

“Maybe they’re just trying to prove that AI can also have a knack for skiing and apres-ski storytelling. Next up: ChatGPT wins a virtual ski jumping contest!”

try again…

“Well, perhaps they’re practicing for a future where AI becomes a top forum moderator. Who needs coffee breaks, right?”

And another please…

“It’s like virtual ventriloquism – some people just enjoy throwing their voice through a digital dummy!”

Perhaps you can do better in Czech?

“Je to jako když si hráte na Sherlocka Holmese v digitálním světě – někteří prostě milují luštit záhady za pomocí umělé inteligence!”

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Peter wrote:

I thought so… one can spot chatgpt stuff by the “sickly sweet” or “corporate BS” (e.g. “share with you” which no normal person uses) language.

Also the mention of “multiple FBOs” at a European airport.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Take a look at this website. It is completely fake AFAICT.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Take a look at this website. It is completely fake AFAICT.

It looks like regular “corporate BS”. Hard to say if it was written by AI or by a marketer.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Hard to know too.
Is the phone number answered by “Maintain Nation. How my I help you?”

EIWT Weston, Ireland

A very pertinent blog from the University of Cambridge:

https://www.cst.cam.ac.uk/blog/afb21/oops-we-automated-bullshit

I remain convinced that “generative AI” is a complete misnomer. It’s no more AI than a parrot, whether stochastic or otherwise (see article for explanation).

LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message