Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Video conferencing software

Peter wrote:

Like I said, I would speculate simply that a lot of people cannot deal with the concept of a login. It is like so much in “IT”.

You need to log with userid and password to every social media, every internet bank etc. You need a PIN code to use a credit card or an ATM, I would think everyone is very used to the concept of logging in and using a password.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 08 Jul 21:54
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Try the real world of real people, especially poor uneducated people, the sort who are seen living at MacDonalds / KFC… many have little engagement with this stuff, and a lot of kids in a school are the product of these parents.

Every country has these. Well, maybe not some, at least not officially.

The virus crisis has exposed whole strata of the population which cannot be remotely educated for various reasons, starting with total parental dis-engagement. Zoom has not been the complete answer here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From here

Malibuflyer wrote:

Given the millions of Zoom meetings happening every hour

I never use Zoom. It’s all Teams

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

I never use Zoom. It’s all Teams

I’ve used Teams, too. Zoom is much better as a conferencing/meeting system. Of course the comparison isn’t entirely fair as they are different kinds of products. Teams is collaboration software with file sharing, persistent chats, messaging and more stuff, while Zoom only does meetings.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 08 Dec 08:06

Airborne_Again wrote:

Teams is collaboration software with file sharing

It’s a Microsoft product so its the devil ;-) ;-) ;-). (or am I joking? ;-))

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Airborne_Again wrote:

Zoom is much better as a conferencing/meeting system

This year I did all my glider inspection/human factors courses over Zoom with the BGA, and I think it worked very well; I now have my EASA 66 licence for gliders (well, for the next three weeks, then it becomes the UK CAA equivalent)

Andreas IOM

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

It’s a Microsoft product so its the devil ;-) ;-) ;-). (or am I joking? ;-))

That goes without saying. :-)

I have used Zoom a few times, but never work related. Teams is as confusing as only Microsoft is able to do. What is it exactly? but it works.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

It truly is strange times. I’ve never used Teams on a Microsoft operating system, only on Linux and iOS.

Andreas IOM

Given its poor functionality on my office computer the only place I will use MS Teams is on my iPhone

Sign in to add your message