Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

Using online GAR for the first time for a trip this weekend. A minor point I’m sure, however, when i complete the aircraft registration and type (its a PA28) in the fields requested, I get the following data back:

“Category: Landplane
Manufacturer: EMBRAER
Model: EMB-712 Tupi
Engine: Piston”

Presumably, NOT a lock ‘em up and throw away the key sort of inaccuracy but I can’t seem to manually change the “greyed” out field to amend this to Piper PA28?

Also, in an earlier thread, before this went live, there was a post by Carl saying that all GAR’s submitted through Skydemon would be free? Is that still the case?

Further, I can’t seem to find a current link showing quite when a GAR is needed these days? There used to be a helpful link on AOPA’s site but can’t find that now. Does anyone have the link?

The AOPA GAR6 application is now dead.. I only noticed because it didn’t accept my GAR today..

Then to my surprise and elevated pleasure I found the Online GAR integration into Skydemon to be working perfectly. Integration into SD is like the flight plans seamless and very professional.

EDLN and EDKB

Just to clarify: The free “AOPA access” via their website does generally still work.

However, I just found out that it does no longer allow direct links from other websites to the system’s login page. It does only accept access from the AOPA homepage.

See here.

All one can do now is to follow this link, then click on “Free Basic Service” and then proceed to the onlinegar login.

Sure enough, they are trying hard to make it as awkward as possible…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 May 17:26
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

They want to make money.
UK Border Force could sponsor it as they get the benefit.
I went back to fax

United Kingdom

Fax will be over soon. The only choice will be online submission.

EGTK Oxford

The guy who originally developed this sunk half his life into it, only to get abuse on the UK pilot sites, and eventually had the rug pulled from under him by Border Force politics. So the game got changed to making some money out of this who business because nobody is going to carry on with this for nothing.

But, it’s one thing to pretend that everybody who flies to/from the UK is a native Brit who hangs out all day long on the UK pilot chat sites where there are endless threads telling everybody about this.

The Border Force are going to have a very hard time forcing foreigners to use a website, especially a commercial website, and if they try they will have so many problems they will have to take a step back.

Just like NATS and the AFPEX debacle. I believe they are back now to accepting faxes and even phone calls, even though they are trying to keep that capability awfully quiet. And of course every airport with somebody in the tower must still accept a handwritten flight plan, as an ICAO obligation.

I asked the police who met us on Monday on the way back from LDLO about this and there was no suggestion the email facility will be terminated. So the problem, if one occurs, would be with the CTA GARs (Ireland, IOM, etc) which – for some regions – cannot be emailed.

Last Edited by Peter at 29 May 20:40
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I went back to fax

Don’t! Try the Skydemon intergration first and you never want to look back..

EDLN and EDKB

The Border Force are going to have a very hard time forcing foreigners to use a website, especially a commercial website, and if they try they will have so many problems they will have to take a step back.

I disagree. Border Force can do whatever they want.

EGTK Oxford

I went back to fax
bg. Don’t! Try the Skydemon intergration first and you never want to look back..

I have no SD. My flights are from the same airfield to the same airfield. Just the date and time is different. I can do it on my ipad, so fax is fine for me.
Email is not a option as I have no confirmation.

United Kingdom

Fax will also not be supported. All this will require online entry. Someone has to type it in and that costs money. I am not defending it but it will end soon.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message