Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Troyes, France, restaurant recommendation

I’ll be driving to Croatia end of April and am planning to stop in Troyes. I seem to recall some years ago there was a recommendation for a nice restaurant there but despite searching I can’t find any mention of such. Anyone here got any recommendations?

Forever learning
EGTB

As I recall Troyes is the capital of andouillete. Given that, my suggestion is to take sandwiches.

LFMD, France

We usually go for Logis de France hotels as they’re independently owned and have good food. Otherwise, the Guide Michelin, Petit Futé, or tripadvisor? I’ve driven through Troyes many times but never really stopped.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Avoid the andouillete – an acquired taste

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

From wikipedia:

Andouillette (French pronunciation: ​[ɑ̃dujɛt]) is a French coarse-grained sausage made from the intestine of pork, pepper, wine, onions, and seasonings.
Andouillettes are generally made from the large intestine and are 7–10 cm (2+3⁄4–4 in) in diameter. True andouillettes are rarely seen outside France and have a strong, distinctive odour coming from the colon. Although sometimes repellent to the uninitiated, the scent is prized by its devotees.

I love them. If you eat tripe you’ll like them.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Really driving from UK to Croatia ?

How much time do you want to stop in Troyes ?
If you have a couple hours, park and take a stroll in the center. Never visited but seems really nice (canals, cathedral, there is a new stained glass museum too) .
You will find many options to eat nicely, and not only andouillette (I can eat the one from Guéméné, but the one from Troyes tastes much more IIRC).

If not, this choice is 4,6/5 on Google and strategically located near the A26 (and close to cheap fuel too).

If you fly, the airport restaurant looks good too. I try to support airport restaurants when I can (which is rarely).

LFOU, France

Stickandrudderman wrote:

I’ll be driving to Croatia end of April and am planning to stop in Troyes. I seem to recall some years ago there was a recommendation for a nice restaurant there but despite searching I can’t find any mention of such.

After Croatian food you won’t be able to eat anything for some time it’s a constant fight of not overeating.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

You may want to stop at Chartres as well? we have a fly-in (and spare seats)

LFOR

In Troyes, I suggest you try Bistro (if you are into traditional) or Chez Daniel (if you are into presentations)

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 Mar 14:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The Andouillette sausage is not for the faint hearted or the unwary; but as Troyes is THE centre in France for their production, I would encourage one to try them at least once.
I would recommend Chez Felix at 5 Rue de Chats in the centre of town.
You would be most welcome to join us (even just for a part) on my ’Overnighter’ Chartres over the weekend 28/30 April.

Last Edited by Peter_G at 31 Mar 15:49
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

I have stayed at the Relais St Jean, charming old hotel bang in the centre of the medieval old town, and just around the corner had good meals at L’illiustre. https://www.lillustre.com/

Used this as a stopover many times when flying or driving across France. Nice place for a break.

The restaurant used to belong to a British pilot, may still be the case. Might give you a special rate if you mention.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message