Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Curry By Air - Saucats LFCS 13 January 2018

Good morning all!

After much organisation and planning, I’m pleased to say that the first “Curry by Air” event will be taking place on Saturday 13 January 2018 at Bordeaux Saucats Airfield, in partnership with Iroise Aéro Formation and the Akash Indian Restaurant.

Getting a decent Indian takeaway in France has never been easy, so we decided to charter a plane and fly one in from the UK.

For one night only, get stuck in to some of your favourite Indian dishes and meet like-minded people.

For more info, read the PDF for the event :

http://www.lingaero.com/InfoCurryByAir18.pdf

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

Hi All,

Quick update on how we are progressing.

Thanks to a kind hearted client of mine, we have now upgraded from a DA42 to a TBM700, which should make weight and balance less of a worry!

A fair number of participants as well as media interest from the local rags, and perhaps even a brief appearance from a French celebrity (watch this space).

We’ll be setting off from Lee On Solent on 13/01 in the morning (weather permitting) so please do pop down for a cup of tea and see us off if you’re local.

Festive greetings.

James

Nice feel-good GA story on the BBC: Portsmouth restaurateur flies delivery order to Bordeaux

EGTF, LFTF

Looks like it was very successful, if eye-wateringly expensive once the aircraft costs were taken into account.

EGTT, The London FIR

Finners wrote:

eye-wateringly expensive

Yeah, but no, but…

Most of us fly because we like to fly, right? We don’t feel the need to mark it up against a Cost Benefit Analysis.

All my flying is almost completely unjustified.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Oh absolutely. I justify my flying on the basis that it keeps me sane.
But it does say that chartering the aircraft cost £15k… so if someone really did pay that, then it was a pretty expensive curry.

EGTT, The London FIR

Private joke mode For that price I can get you a G650…
Seriously a TBM is in the 1000-1500€ an hour. You took the scenic route ?

I saw that @aviathor went there, I spot it on flightradar in the afternoon. How was the curry ?

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Any chance they can do the same for Porto? I miss a good curry!

Not sure where the 15 000 price tag came from. It was closer to 5 000, paid for by the sponsors.

It was their event really, I was just there to co-ordinate the differeent participants

I did mention to a journalist that it could easily have cost three times that much if it had been done through a commercial operator with handling etc.

Very grateful to the restaurant and Alsim for their support.

A very fun day out in an aeroplane!

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message