Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

In past year i have communicated with this guys re: fuel, maybe he can suggest something with the AirBP issue (fortunately we have one of these)

Philippe Hébert
Responsable Qualité et SGS
Tél. : +33 4 68 71 96 61
Port : + 33 6 13 71 19 65
Fax : +33 4 68 71 96 59
Changement d’adresse mail :

Aeroport de Carcassonne

TRANSDEV AEROPORT CARCASSONNE
Route de Montréal
11000 CARCASSONNE
Tél. : + 33 4 68 71 96 46 – Fax. : +33 4 68 71 96 48
www.aeroport-carcassonne.com

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

I have contacted AIR BP to ask whether there is any “online” way of getting the value of a refuel one has just done.

However, the self service pump should print out the value – correct? I think in France it will be in Euros, even for a UK AIR BP card. I know it didn’t do that at Annecy (the paper came out but it was blank) and something similar happened at Zell am See (no paper at all). But if it generally does that, one can fill up someone else’s plane with the card and get reimbursed in cash (or paypal if you know the person well ) The site xe.com gives you a rough exchange rate and one can do a final adjustment by paypal when the bill arrives weeks later.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter,

It’s a while since I used my BP Sterling card, but I think the fuel is priced in US$, then converted to GBP. The upshot is that you may not know the exact cost until you get the bill, but I don’t see that as an insuperable problem. If people need to use your card, the old Aberdonian saying applies: “when you’ve got them by the b*lls, their wallets will follow”.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

PhilTheFlyer wrote:

In past year i have communicated with this guys

Transdev took over the operations of the airport relatively recently AFAICT…

The “Changement d’adresse mail :” may indicate that he used to work for the prior operator (which I believe was CCI – Chambre de Commerce et de l’Industrie) and was retained by the new one.

LFPT, LFPN

Peter AirBP pumps do not print the value just the amount of fuel taken. The AirBP website is supposed to be able to tell you the price per litre at each location.

Last Edited by JasonC at 02 Feb 20:18
EGTK Oxford

OK; interesting, thanks.

Would this result in a procedure which can be used to get reasonably close to the value of a fill-up you have just done?

AIR BP did offer me a facility of a regular email update of their prices at different places.

I also asked them if one AIR BP card can be used to fill multiple aircraft

I find their invoices virtually incomprehensible.

Administrator

When I was there last summer, I didn’t ask for customs in advance since AIP said they were supposed to be there. And they were there Regarding fueling, IIRC it was Sunday and I paid with MasterCard but it was Jet A1.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have moved the AIR BP CARD specific posts to an older thread on that topic

I believe Aviathor is checking out whether there are other means of paying.

I have also heard from AIR BP that each card may be used only for a specific aircraft, so if you use it to fill up somebody else’s you need to enter your reg into the self service pump. But if there is an operator involved then obviously that’s not going to be possible…

Administrator

In view of the uncertainty at Carcassonne, I’m going to investigate the Avgas position at Beziers LFMU, unless someone has local knowledge. AIP says Avgas available but heh, what does that guarantee? I might refuel at Beziers and fly across (only a few minutes flying time from Carcassonne).

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

Beziers is a great refuel stop, its also an AirBP automated dispenser but you may be able to pay by an alternative method at the manned flight office which is not far from the pump.

I would advice PPR so you don’t conflict with one of their Ryanairs as the office goes into panic mode at this point.

I have used this field a couple of times when flying down to Valencia from Carcassonne before we could get ‘weekend fuel access’ at Carca

Last Edited by PhilTheFlyer at 03 Feb 13:02
Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR
Sign in to add your message